Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot import IAP: Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Stores.dll' will not be loaded due t

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by canelex, Jun 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. canelex

canelex

Hi, I've been having this issue for several weeks now and I cannot find any solution that works for me online. I'm trying to import IAP into my project, but there's always this importing error:

Assembly 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Reference has errors 'Stores'.
    Assembly 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Assembly-CSharp-Editor-firstpass.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Reference has errors 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass'.
    Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Stores.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Unable to resolve reference 'UnityEngine.UI'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?
    Reference validation can be disabled in the Plugin Inspector.
    Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Reference has errors 'Stores'.

Here's the steps I took to import IAP:
    • Enable In-App Purchasing and click "Import" (UnityIAP, UDP, and UnityChannel unitypackages are created in Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing")
    • I run UnityIAP.unitypackage, UDP.unitypackage, and UnityChannel.unitypackage and hit import all.
    • Those errors appear in my console
    I'm using Unity 2019.3.0a5 but I've been having this on issues on every version I've tried since 2019.1.4f1

alauomary likes this.
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

3. canelex

canelex

Awesome. Thanks for the information.

mastermp likes this.
  4. JJunior

JJunior

Hi Jeff, when the 2019 fix will be out, I need this, desperately, to finish a project I am working on. I did all my project (a 2d app), and I left it to the end of the project, and now I discovered that it does not work on the 2019 version.

Is there any workaround? I already tried the no spaces folder thing and tried copy & paste from 2018 and did not worked.

5. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

6. JJunior

JJunior

7. yuluojc

yuluojc

Hey!Maybe you have solved this problem.But i want to tell others here my way how to solve it.
    1.close you project.
    2delele Library Doc.
    3.Reopen you project.
    4.remember now ,you project is run on pc,remember change to you want.
    work in 2018.3.4

8. parashsudios

parashsudios

Any Updates so far?
    This problem is unacceptable! We have worked for so long and now we cannot publish out game!

Last edited: Jul 30, 2019
    khushalkhan likes this.
  9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

What version of Unity are you using?

10. JJunior

JJunior

I migrated my project to 2019.1 and its working now.

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, some changes were made in 2019.2, it should work with 2019.1

JJunior likes this.
  12. unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

Hi Jeff, any updates on this issue?

We are using version 2019.3. Downgrading is not an option for us, as we have another game in the store which shares a lot of code with our current game.
    Any code improvements (on our common API) we make on our current game, we pull into the other game as well. So downgrading our current game to an older version and leaving the published game on a newer version would lead to inconsistencies very quickly.

Any workarounds available besides downgrading to an older Unity Version?

Thank you for the work you guys put in!

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

We are hoping for the next release to be available towards the end of this month. This fix is on the list.

14. figwig

figwig

Hi Jeff! Been following this thread for a few months. Is the fix likely to be pushed onto the 2019 beta thread or the new 2020 alpha? Thanks! :)
    Will

15. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The update would be in the IAP package, not the editor version.

16. figwig

figwig

Ah! Understood. Are we still expecting that update the end of this month?

aquilis007 and JeffDUnity3D like this.
  17. figwig

figwig

Hi Jeff. When are we expecting the next version of the IAP package?

18. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Hopefully this week!

unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A and figwig like this.
  19. unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

Hi Jeff. Any news regarding the next version of the package?

20. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I'm currently testing the version that should go live. If we don't find any issues, then any day.

21. unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

22. chrisnyoder

chrisnyoder

Hi Jeff

Version 1.23.0 of the IAP plugin causes my editor to crash. Everything works fine when IAPs are disabled, and I didn't have issues before the update. Everything compiles fine, but when I go to my store scene, the editor is booted from the 'Game view' to the 'Scene view.' All my scripts appear to stop, and even when I go back to the Game view, nothing is interactable. I'm on 2018.3.14f1.

Edit:

I also tried this in a new project and got the same issues. The repro steps are:
    - Create a project using 2018.3
    - Download the latest IAP plugin (1.23)
    - Create an IAP button in your scene

The button is 'unclickable,' and the scene won't automatically switch the Scene view from the Game view.

Have you seen this problem elsewhere?

Thanks,

Edit 2:

Seems like the issue was the assignment of product IDs to the IAPButton. I'm assigning ID's programmatically through a script, which gives the initial IDs a null value. Before, I didn't seem to have issues with leaving the IDs blank before the script did the assignments, even though I'd get an error thrown to the console that my product IDs were unrecognized. That doesn't seem to work anymore (the error crashes the program), which means that I had to simply assign an initial value to the IAPButton product ID property via the editor to get it working.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 21, 2019
  23. unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

Version 2019.3.0a3 is not working with IAP.

24. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Same here, please try with the latest 2019, it's working for me.

25. unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

Hi Jeff, are you referring to 2019.3.0b8 or 2019.2.10f1?

26. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

2019.3.0b8

27. unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

unity_b1W6Nl1D_xYz8A

Hi Jeff,
    2019.3.0b8 looks a little bit better, but for some reason UDP folder gets wiped out constantly leaving Stores.dll with an unresolved reference.
    In which order of imports did you manage to get it work on your end?
    Did you just use the store package or did you use the services tab to import IAP or a mix?

28. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

I have used both. Please test with an new/empty project to compare.

29. Dazo1985

Dazo1985

Got this with 2019.2.11f1
    After upgrading a project from an earlier version

30. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Did you select "Delete previous version?" during the install wizard? Also please test with an new/empty project to compare.

Dazo1985 likes this.
  31. Dazo1985

Dazo1985

I did not have the old version installed the project was pulled from the collab rider.
    But I had a quit old version installed 2018.3.02f but I am using it for another project only.

I did the upgrading proccess once more from version 2019.1.3f ( last version i used the project on)
    to 2019.13f1 and i had no issues.

I also think it might could have been a mistake i made myself.
    I wasn't installing ios support with the version but the project required it than i got and error about the plist Iap, I uncommented the whole class.
    This could have been the root of the similir appearing issue.

I did some tests wih 2019.2.1ff1 but stopped as I have to get the project done.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2019
  32. edee1337

edee1337

Getting this error in 2018.4.11. Any fixes?

Edit: resolved by starting clean and importing Unity IAP from the Services > In App Purchasing window and following the steps in the popup (on first try the popup was blank, second try was a success)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2019
  33. wagenheimer

wagenheimer

Is there any fix for "Unity 2018.4.16f1"?

It fail with "ArgumentException: The Assembly Purchasing.Common is referenced by Stores ('Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Stores.dll'). But the dll is not allowed to be included or could not be found."

34. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

There are likely two .unitypackages left after the install attempt located in Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing. Double click on both of them, this should trigger the proper installation flow.

35. truongpd88

truongpd88

you maybe miss a dialog UDP installer, i had to import 3 times and recheck what they import into my project, if you miss this dialog, trying to find it in your project another UDP package(not one in Unity Purchasing), double click in this package and follow 2 next steps and the issues gone
    hope it help

36. AppBite

AppBite

Jeff, there is no wizard that asks you to Delete Previous installation. I've burnt 2 hours trying to get past "Assembly 'Assets/Plugins/UnityPurchasing/Bin/Editor.dll' will not be loaded due to errors:
    Unable to resolve reference 'UnityEngine.Purchasing'. Is the assembly missing or incompatible with the current platform?"
    What is insane is I have NO IAP in HexT, None. Why am I required to fight this package when I did a clean export of my project into a new folder? Does Unity understand requiring this package is going to get us all banned from the Chinese App store when they implement the new legal requirements that Apps with IAP register with the Chinese Government?

I hope Unity 2020 gets its S*** together, I spend 25% of my time fighting plugins, upgrade errors, and stuff that has nothing to do with writing my game.

fyttes and ScorpDeity like this.
  37. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry, what is HexT? And what did you export? Please provide steps to reproduce on a new project. What is your current platform that the error mentions? And IAP is certainly not required, it's completely optional in your game. If you are looking to publish in Asia, you might consider Unity UDP if you want to add in-app purchases.

38. ScorpDeity

ScorpDeity

Personally, I've had it with the constant battles getting things to build for mobile. All I need to do is an update for 64-bit, and cannot because of these very issues. I've spent an entire day fighting this problem, have tried every solution posted, nothing works. Cleaned, direct import from the asset store, followed instructions to the letter with getting these to play nice, and all to no avail. Issues with Unity for mobile take down projects far too repeatedly for no good reason. A project built with version "X" of Unity, and has had no changes at all, should be able to be built again with version "X" of Unity, with simple updates to these "addons". But every time something is updated, it's back to square one without having even changed a thing within my own project.

At this point, I'm pulling my apps and will invest my time in native code, with confidence that I'll gain more from my time.

Regards

39. T0YN3TT

T0YN3TT

Put your folder project in c:/ without space name.. then delete iap plugin and move out of project the script that contains your iap logic. Then install again the plugin and put back your script logic inside your project.

40. zachw

zachw

This is still happening with a brand new install of 2019.4.2f1 with a clean project. What gives guys? This has been an issue for almost a year. Is there any plan to fix this? This is really not giving me confidence in you guys long term.

41. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please describe your issue. The install works correctly in my testing here on 2019.4.1f1 LTS , please share screenshots and steps to reproduce.

Attached Files:

42. zz2020

zz2020

When the team develops, submit the plug-in to svn, and members who log in to Unity with different accounts will display this error. Delete the plug-in and import it again. Compare the two and find the difference between Stores.dll and Editor.dll, how to solve it?

43. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Sorry I don't follow. Why are your developers deleting and importing again? What problem are you trying to solve?

44. xLeo

xLeo

To fix this issue (which happens every single time) I do the following:
    1) Initialize the update through "Windows -> Unity IAP -> IAP Updates.. --> Install Button"
    2) Notice that upon starting the plugin import process, there are 2 Unity Packages: UDP and UnityIAP
    upload_2020-7-14_22-54-24.png

3) Click "Import"
    4) On this dialog below, DO NOTHING. Instead, copy those 2 unity packages to another directory.
    upload_2020-7-14_22-55-25.png

5) Cancel this dialog and manually import those 2 saved packages.

Problem solved! o_O

Guillogika likes this.
  45. alkottab

alkottab

We faced the similar issue with unity 2019.2.8f1 and In App Purchasing 2.0.6. We solved it by re importing the IAP package and running the install wizard of IAP.

46. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Yes, IAP requires that you go through the install process. Your project must be free from compiler errors (it must run in the Editor) before you import IAP

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.