Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot import animation clip

Discussion in 'FPS.Sample Game' started by VickieG, Mar 28, 2019.

1. VickieG

VickieG

Hello!
    I imported a FBX file (Assets\Animation\Characters\Terraformer\Clips) into Maya 2017 scene and received this message:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Warning: Local Transform Changed (23)

The FBX plug-in has detected Non-uniform scaling values. The following nodes (or their parents,) have non-standard Maya scaling inheritance (RSrs). The plug-in will re-compute their local transforms to match their correct global transforms and re-plot the transform animation frame by frame. These nodes might have interactive behavior in Maya that differs from the source application.
    Head_End
    Left_Eyelid
    Right_Eyelid
    Jaw
    Jaw_End
    Left_Eye
    Right_Eye
    Left_Hand_End
    Left_Hand_Attach
    Left_Offhand_IK
    Left_Pad_End
    Right_Offhand_IK
    Right_Pad_End
    Right_Heel
    Right_Foot_Inner
    Right_ToesEnd
    Right_Foot_Outer
    Left_UpperLeg_Orig
    Right_UpperLeg_Orig
    Left_Heel
    Left_Foot_Outer
    Left_ToesEnd
    Left_Foot_Inner
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Then I can just see empty group nodes, no joints in the scene.

If anyone has any idea, it would help me a lot!
    Thank you for you time!

Attached Files:

2. karstenv

karstenv

If you open the original file in Unity you can see how they are all linked/parented.
    Basically they are just empty game objects that are not really needed just to replace a character.

You can always add them in Unity as empty game objects and parent as needed.

Unitys characters have 129 bones where the once you mention are a part off besides some extra fan and twist bones.
    A standard character have around 65 bones (5 finger models) and I don't think you really need the rest of them for now to get things working.

Im not sure as of now what these bones are meant to do, perhaps blend morphing for faces or streach/squash animations for softbodies down the line.

For now I have just ignored them and used my normal 65 bones skeletons and used the humanoid avartar and its working fine.

Toldam likes this.
  3. VickieG

VickieG

Thank you Karstenv!
    I need to modify Terraformer's idle pose, seems difficult because i cant use the fbx file.
    Or is there any way else to modify those animation clips?
    Thanks for your time!

4. karstenv

karstenv

Well I haven't tried to do new animations yet, just imported new models and those worked fine as described above.
    So I would try to make a new animation clip with those bones you have that are working and connected to the mesh.

My best bet is that it would work.

I will probably look into custom animations over the next few weeks.

5. thongtm3d

thongtm3d

You can modify animation clips by this way:
    1. Import character (Ex: ...\Assets\Models\Characters\Terraformer\Terraformer_A.fbx)
    2. Import clip (Ex: ...\Assets\Animation\Characters\Terraformer\Clips\Locomotion--Run_N.anim.fbx)

Now you'll have models with animated bones, just do whatever you want, and:
    3. Delete Geometry group
    4. Select all the hierarchy
    5. Export to ...\Assets\Animation\Characters\Terraformer\Clips\Locomotion--Run_N.anim.fbx

keeponshading likes this.
  6. suneke

suneke

Unity Technologies

Hi,

thongtm3d is correct, although the pipeline was only intended to go Source File -> Exported File, you should be able to load the model and then additive load the animation from the animation file. The animations are exported as pure transforms (instead of joints and including meshes) for space & export/import time reasons. I think you need to use a script to re-export the animations as pure transforms, but just export as bones. Select the skeleton root and use "export selected"

thongtm3d likes this.