Search Unity

Cannot get bunny to be right side up in the Survival Shooter tutorial

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by cspears2002, Dec 4, 2017.

1. cspears2002

cspears2002

Right now my bunny in the Survival Shooter tutorial is on its side. Check out my screen grab. I am working on a Mac laptop out of part four of the Survival Shooter tutorial. My Unity version is 2017.2.0f3 (64 bit). I am not sure what is causing this.

I noticed something was off when I added the Enemy Animation Controller. The bunny was just flopped on the floor when the animation preview was playing. I went ahead and removed the controller, but that did not fix the issue. I do see an error message at the bottom of the screen:

Assertion failed: Quaternion To Matrix conversion failed because input Quaternion is invalid {0.000000, 0.000000, 0.000000, 0.975083} != 0.950787

Are completed versions of this project available at each step? I would hate to start over again.

Thanks.

Attached Files:

2. JoeStrout

JoeStrout

Check the Rotation property of your bunny's Transform component. Maybe use the little gear icon to "Reset Rotation". Does that help?

3. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

Looks like a child mesh got rotated by mistake or perhaps a mistake in the tutorial?

4. cspears2002

cspears2002

Well, now I feel foolish.

My bunny is under a hierarchy. Check out the screen grab.

Zombunny
    Zombunny
    HitParticles

I needed to change the rotation on the Zombunny directly underneath Zombunny.

Attached Files:

JoeStrout likes this.