Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Cannot find Type "AR Raycast Manager" in Script Graph

Discussion in 'AR' started by thangld, Jan 6, 2023.

1. thangld

thangld

Attached Files:

2. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

TYerks likes this.
  3. unity_3CDFAAA816E71E893F29

unity_3CDFAAA816E71E893F29

I added the AR Foundation to my Visual Scripting but I still have the same problem.

Attached Files:

4. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

At the top of the Visual Scripting Project Settings window there is a Type Options setting. Due to current limitations of the interaction between these two packages, you have to enter all the AR Foundation types here to be able to save them to your Variables components.

Here is a screenshot of my recommended Type Options:

Screenshot 2023-03-02 at 2.59.29 PM.png

AditiD1 and tmehta like this.
  5. fabio-ardemagni

fabio-ardemagni

Hello, I have noticed that as soon as I add AR Raycast Manager node to the graph, the visual script stop working. Even if the AR Raycast Manager node is not connected to any other node. As soon as I delete the node from the graph, the script start working again..
    Unity version 2021.3.16f1

6. fabio-ardemagni

fabio-ardemagni

SOLVED: It was because of the Unity version. As mentioned in the Mobile AR Development Pathway, the only version working with AR Foundation and Visual scripting is 2021.3.1 at this point in time.

gBioskop and white6224 like this.
  7. gBioskop

gBioskop

i was looking exactly for this, thank you for put the solution Fabio! :D

8. kumail1432

kumail1432

As soon as i add a node in the script graph, it is not showing AR Raycast Manager in the list. please help
    Capture.PNG

9. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@kumail1432 I've noticed this in the past as well, which may be a bug in Visual Scripting.

Let me know if this works for you:

* Close Unity
    * Delete the Library/ directory of your project
    * Re-open Unity

It would be helpful if you could file this bug as well and note whether this works for you (it worked for me, then I never saw this issue again): https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting

10. Kevin_Cucumber

Kevin_Cucumber

I solved mine by replacing the AR_Starter_Project\Packages 's .json files into [my project]\Packages. It's because the visual scripting version in my current project has been updated to 1.7.8, yet I have another basic project that successfully creates an AR raycast node with version 1.7.6. If there is a conflict after replacing, try to regenerate nodes, generate, and fix missing scripts. I'm hoping it works.

11. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

12. Saeumii

Saeumii

I was also following the "Detect when the user touches a plane" tutorial when I ran into step 5. Step 4 mentions the "Node Library" but makes no mention of the "Type Options" foldout. might be good to fix that

13. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies

@Saeumii I passed your note onto the Unity Learn team for review. Thanks!

mekin likes this.
  14. aaron_sharp_unity3d

aaron_sharp_unity3d

Unity Technologies

Thanks everyone for calling attention to this! We have added some instructions to the bottom of step 4 about "Adding specific AR Foundation node types" that should address the issues until we update the content for 2022 LTS:
    https://learn.unity.com/tutorial/de...7ca6edbc2a48fd44b353#637b51a2edbc2a428853471e

Please do continue to let us know if you run into any issues. We really appreciate it and hope the rest of the pathway goes smoothly for you :)

15. bmjose97

bmjose97

Can someone summarize what is needed to make the AR Raycast Manager work? My project is using Unity 2021.3.1f1 and Visual Scripting version 1.7.8. Whenever I add the AR Raycast Manager node in the visual script, the script no longer runs. The package manager tab is not giving me an option to downgrade my visual scripting to 1.7.6. Additionally, I do not see the option to upgrade to AR Foundation 5.1, latest version available is 5.07.

Any clarification of what is needed to get this up and running would be greatly appreciated.

16. andyb-unity

andyb-unity

Unity Technologies