Search Unity

Cannot find 2018.3.1f1 in the list of Unity Versions

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by mattbrandmm, Jan 14, 2019.

1. mattbrandmm

mattbrandmm

In the Cloud Build interface I don't see 2018.3.1f1. The list goes up to 2018.3.0f2, and then stops. Anyone else having the same issue?

2. Deleted User

Deleted User

You probably need to wait a bit before it pops up. ;)

3. creimschussel

creimschussel

Maybe "Always Use Latest 2018.x" or "Always Use Latest 2018.3" would make a successful build until they add the specific selection. I've had mixed success with using these options though.

4. victorw

victorw

There's usually a bit of a delay in between Unity releasing new builds and them becoming available in Unity Cloud Build because it takes time to test everything out and make sure it's going to work in the UCB environment. Sometimes this is further delayed by fixes required either in Unity or in UCB.

With that said, testing was just completed and so we have released 2018.3.1f1 and 2017.4.18f1 now and updated the corresponding "Always Use Latest" versions to match.

mattbrandmm and Deleted User like this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User

I don’t know if anyone else wants this, but I think it would be cool if there was an option to automatically trigger a build when a new latest version of Unity comes online in UCB.

6. mattbrandmm

mattbrandmm

Deleted User likes this.
  7. Deleted User

Deleted User

Wouldn’t it be better to validate a release in UCB before it’s released in Unity Hub? Otherwise, you have this risk of upgrading your project locally and then having to wait for the cloud build to be available, or worst case, because of some problem that version will never be in UCB and you have to wait for the next version.

fox likes this.