Search Unity

Cannot Exit Play Mode

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gregacuna, Dec 31, 2016.

1. gregacuna

gregacuna

I'm using 5.4.2.f2 on Windows 10 machine. Starting a few days ago when I go into Play Mode the game plays, but cannot exit Play Mode. I can access the menus so I can save and exit Unity, but I can't click on anything within the Editor. There are NO error messages in the console. This is getting very frustrating because it can happen several times in an hour.

Hope someone can help me solve this. Happy New Year all!

2. gregacuna

gregacuna

Bump. Does anyone know what could be causing Unity to not be able to exit play mode or what I can do to figure out what might be happening?

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

This is still happening to me with 5.6. Is there any way of getting out of play mode short of Assets/Reimport All? And why does it happen?

4. gregacuna

gregacuna

I'm really not sure what happened...but for the last few weeks my play mode isn't freezing anymore. Hope you figure it out. Strange happenings.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

This looks like an installation problem. Both 5.4 and 5.6 versions use files they have in common. You should try
    1. deinstalling Unity,
    2. removing all the remaining Unity directories in User/AppData/Local, LocalLow and Roaming,
    3. reinstall Unity.