Search Unity

1. Unity 2020.1 has been released.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Good news ✨ We have more Unite Now videos available for you to watch on-demand! Come check them out and ask our experts any questions!
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Cannot establish a connection with the UPM local server process

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by Roytazz, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Roytazz

Roytazz

I ran into the problem where I get the error "Could not establish a connection with the Unity Package Manager local server process" every time I open a project. I then did a fresh install of Windows 10 and immediately installed Unity, but I still get the same error.
    I went thru the pinned post and solutions before and after the fresh install, but still no avail.

All relevant files are attached. Would love some help here, thank you

Attached Files:

2. supitaUnity

supitaUnity

Unity Technologies

Hello ,

Sorry to see you are having this issue and thanks a lot for providing the logs. You have Unity under a folder that has an apostrophe character "Programma's". Unfortunately, we have a bug that is causing the problem you are having, the source is one of the libraries that the Package Manager uses.

A solution is to move the installation not under a folder with the apostrophe, move Unity outside of any folder under your windows profile, for what I can see from the report it is `D:\Programma's\Unity\`.

We are working on a fix for this, sorry for the inconvenience.

Supi

3. Roytazz

Roytazz

The given solution worked! I reinstalled Unity to a different folder and the issue was gone. Thank you for the help.

supitaUnity likes this.
unityunity