Search Unity

Cannot enable MSAA on HDRP Asset (using 2019.2.12)

Discussion in 'High Definition Render Pipeline' started by TinyCobra, Apr 9, 2020.

1. TinyCobra

TinyCobra

MSAA has always worked much better for me than the other AA assets, but for some reason in version 2019.2.12 it is greyed out in the HDRP Asset, even though I am using Forward mode. Any ideas why that is?

If we are not able to use it in that version, do you have any recommendations/preferences for which other AA mode has worked best for you, and how you can enable/disable it through code? It appears that that anti-aliasing is on the camera component but I can't seem to access it.

Thanks!

Last edited: Apr 9, 2020
  2. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

Hi, if it is grey out it mean that you haven't selected support MSAA in the HDRP asset. Once done then on camera you can select the MSAA level if camera is in forward lit mode.

3. antoniopepe

antoniopepe

My MSAA with Forward is Grayed out ... how i can fix this ?

4. rz_0lento

rz_0lento

Enable it on your frame settings. Go to project settings->HDRP Default settings and toggle it on there first.

5. Ymmersive

Ymmersive

You've probably set your Lit Shader Mode (in Project Settings > Quality > HDRP) to Both. Set it to Forward Only. Or if you still want to use Both and for example choose Deferred for your Camera, you can use Custom Frame Settings (in the Inspector) of your Reflection Probe, for instance, to override the Lit Shader Mode to use Forward and enable the MSAA within Forward.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  6. ifisch

ifisch

This didn't work for me. It's still greyed out, no matter what I do

7. SebLagarde

SebLagarde

Unity Technologies

It could mean you are not using the right HDRP asset. Are you sure you edit the current "active" one? Do you have multiple hdrp asset?

8. chap-unity

chap-unity

Unity Technologies

Are you by any chance using (or just have it enabled) real time ray tracing ? If yes, to avoid users thinking there's an issue with MSAA not being applied, MSAA is disabled by default on the asset because those two are not compatible anyway.