Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot download Unity

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by gizban, Oct 31, 2010.

1. gizban

gizban

I cannot download Unity from http://unity3d.com/unity/download/

When I click on the blue "Download Unity Now" button, it reloads the same page. I tried Firefox, Chrome and IE8. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate. I don't have any special pop-up blockers or advertisement blocking addons.

I'm guessing that the Javascript is failing for some reason.
    <a href="" class="button-download" onclick="window.DownloadPage.getDownload('windows');return false;">Download Unity Now</a>

Is there a direct link?

2. appels

appels

right click, save as ?

3. gizban

gizban

Right clicking doesn't work. It tries to download the HTML of the page because the href attribute is blank.

4. gizban

gizban

I can see the javascript error while running the Firefox or Chrome javascript console. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday for someone to fix it.

I don't understand the need for all the fancy javascript code.

5. DipNando

DipNando

With Unity Hub already downloaded, I'm going to download Unity, it drops to about half, and it simply cancels, what can I do?

6. Nathanaji01

Nathanaji01

Sometimes it can be a problem with privileges on the laptop. For example, my laptop is a school laptop, which does not give me admin privileges. So it drops halfway through the download. The only way I was able to download unity was by getting it off the school software website. If this is not the case, then it can be a problem with the way you install it. If you install it through "run as invoker", it also cancels halfway through. Unfortunately, there is not a way I know to fix this other than installing it through your company's/school's software site. Hope this helps. :)