Search Unity

1. We've closed the job boards. If you're looking for work, or looking to hire check out Unity Connect. You can see more information here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity 2017.2 is now released.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The Unity Gear Store is here to help you look great at your next meetup, user group or conference. With all new Unity apparel, stickers and more!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you're a macOS 10.13 High Sierra user take be sure to read this before updating Unity.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Introducing the Unity Essentials Packs! Find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Want to see the most recent patch releases? Take a peek at the patch release page.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Unity 2017.3 beta is now available for download.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot download MonoDevelop for Unity 2017.3.0f1

Discussion in 'Linux Editor' started by Wulfara, Dec 7, 2017.

1. Wulfara

Wulfara

When I go to Preferences -> External Tools and click "Download MonoDevelop Installer" it loads the url http://download.unity3d.com/download_unity/3c89f8d277f5/Unknown/Unsupported in my browser, but that url does not exist.

Apart from the url not working I think that it would be easier and more intuitive if the MonoDevelop download were included as an optional component in the new installer just like the documentation, standard assets and the others.

Thank you and keep up the good work with Unity Linux :)

2. Nezzer

Nezzer

Hi buddy! i think you should download monodevelop at native way and choose it from Editor options ,i suggest you download visual studio code, is more efficent and have some interesting addons.

3. sharamun

sharamun

Wulfara: I'm seeing the same thing w/Unity-2017.3.0f1 on Debian Linux 8.9 (Jessie). Depending on the Linux distribution you are using, support for monodevelop may already be available. For example, Debian Linux 8.9 (Jessie) supports the monodevelop package version 4.0.12 released in 2013, which is older than the latest stable release 6.1 SR1 (6.1.2.44) and can be installed w/dependencies by executing the following as root:

apt-get install monodevelop

After installation, launch Unity and set your preferences as follows:

Edit | Preferences | External Tools | External Script Editor: Browse...
    navigate to /usr/bin/monodevelop
    select [x] to close Unity Preferences

...then double-left-click any of your project's C# scripts and the MonoDevelop IDE will launch. In the Solution navigator, expand the project tree and double-left-click on the .cs file to bring it up in the editor.

An alternative is to use Emacs IDE, setting your preferences as follows:

Edit | Preferences | External Tools | External Script Editor: Browse...
    navigate to /usr/bin/emacs
    select [x] to close Unity Preferences