Search Unity

Cannot download asset store assets

Discussion in 'Editor & General Support' started by Connor_13_, Jun 10, 2014.

1. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

I just bought 2 assets on the asset store and I clicked open in unity. Nothing happened. Then I tried opening the asset store in the unity editor. I got a blank screen. I know im connected to the internet because I am able to check for updates. What am I doing wrong?

I have unity installed on a flash drive if that makes a difference.

2. Ben-Stoneman

Ben-Stoneman

Services Support

Hi Connor,

What version of Unity are you running and on which Operating System are you running it on?

3. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

I am running Unity Free 4.5 on windows 7

4. twick

twick

I am having this same exact problem. Which started yesterday. I opened it this morning and it is still happening. I started the Unity Pro Trial (Latest Version). I am getting the following in console when trying to reload the asset store within the editor.

Unknown Error,An unknown error occurred.
    url: https://kharma.unity3d.com/

Im on Windows 8.1. Unity 4.5

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  5. twick

twick

Re-installed unity with same result. In addition I have run with admin rights (Right click > run as admin)

6. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

Same here. I've read it could be a firewall issue but nothing like this has happened before with other programs

7. weronika

weronika

Hi,

the console error is not related to this issue. This one was fixed today, but it had nothing in common with the store not opening. Could you give us more details on which environment you are running in, like browser, unity version and os. So far we can confirm that Open In Unity button is not launching unity editor in Windows 8.1 on Chrome, but we were not able to reproduce the issue with not being able to open asset store from editor.

Cheers,
    Weronika

8. twick

twick

We are talking specifically about the built-in browser (I don't think you can change what browser it uses, can you?). When in Unity go to Window >Asset Store. This window is blank. The errors I posted do in fact have to do with the asset store (at least the window) because they only popup when I access the Asset Store from within unity....

Unity has Full firewall access
    Unity has been reinstalled from scratch
    I am currently on Windows 8.1
    Using Unity Pro 4.5
    This is happening regardless of project opened. I have a blank new project open with same issue.

In addition, I have tried on multiple networks in case a local router or network firewall was the issue.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2014
  9. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

I installed Unity on my computer's hard drive in the default install location (Program Files x86) instead of a flash drive and when I clicked the button in both chrome and internet explorer it opened the in-editor asset store. The in-editor asset store is still blank even though there is no error in the console. I'll see if it is just a really slow connection.

10. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

Nope definitely not a slow connection speed. I believe the Asset Store is down for the Editor (which is strange because it works in browser) or Unity is just broken.

11. tiggus

tiggus

Getting this error as well. I can load the asset store window however the url error shows up as soon as I open it and I am unable to open "See complete packagelist" under "My Stuff".

Windows 8.1, tried it with firewall turned completely off to be sure.

12. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

I never figured out the problem but I switched computer and it worked perfectly. Not sure what happened. Oh well

13. Schubkraft

Schubkraft

Unity Technologies

Can you guys submit a bug report from the editor after an unsuccessful try of open the store and ping the case number here, please?

14. weronika

weronika

Could you please try updating your chrome version to 35. The open in unity button works there. I will check previous versions of chrome to try to fix this issue.

soenderg likes this.
  15. montyfi

montyfi

If it help - for me in-game store works one time only, since 4.0 probably. I close it - it cannot be opened again without exiting Unity. Exit from Unity, run it again - store will work again, until you close store window. Then you have to exit from Unity again.

16. twick

twick

Ok, since this is not abundantly clear. Given the responses to the thread I am going to try and reiterate the issue.

Excuse me if I sound a bit rude but I am growing extremely frustrated.

Things that it is not :

- It is NOT a connectivity issue. I've now tried on 4 different networks both wired and wireless. I can reach the asset store both regularly and via the kharma link in all browsers (except in editor browser of course)
    - It has absolutely NOTHING to do with the "Open in Unity" button.
    - It is NOT a firewall issue. I have both completely disabled and added additional unity rules for allowing inbound and outbound
    - It is NOT an issue with virus/malware protection. I have both added exclusions for unity as well as turned off protection entirely.

Other things I have tried :
    - Ran unity as administrator
    - Completely trash the unity install, delete all local data and preferences and start from scratch.
    - Tried installing in the Main C drive in default location as well as a secondary.
    - Tried in both Unity Free and Pro

I can put all my research into a bug report but what will that do? Unless a staff member is able to troubleshoot with me it will do absolutely nothing as there is no error log or report other than an "Unknown error" in the console.

Considering this is affecting multiple Operating systems I can't rule out a specific OS and Versions.

NOTE: I have submitted the bug report in the editor.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2014
  17. twick

twick

Case 613126

18. gferreiro

gferreiro

I am also experiencing the same issue. I have restarted the machine several times, even installed unity over a few times with no luck. I can offer one piece of info though, If i start my machines (windows 8.1) in safe mode with networking, ti works fine. Seems there is aprogram blocking the asset store, but I cant fine it for the life of me.

19. zaxvax

zaxvax

Here is a log. Maybe it will help your investigation.

Built from '' repo; Version is '4.3.4f1 (e444f76e01cd) revision 96603'; Using compiler version '160040219'
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, shouldGiveDebuggerChanceToAttach: 0
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono path[2] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityScript'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/etc'
    Using monoOptions --debugger-agent=transport=dt_socket,embedding=1,defer=y
    IsTimeToCheckForNewEditor: Update time 1402522993 current 1402520120
    C:/Users/Алексей/Documents/New Unity Project
    Loading GUID <-> Path mappings ... 0.000833 seconds.
    Loading Asset Database ... 0.000782 seconds
    AssetDatabase consistency checks ... 0.026368 seconds
    Initialize engine version: 4.3.4f1 (e444f76e01cd)
    GfxDevice: creating device client; threaded=1
    Direct3D:
    Version: Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0]
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M (ID=0xfe1)
    Vendor: NVIDIA
    VRAM: 3072 MB
    Registering custom dll's ...
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/iPhonePlayer/EditorExtensions/UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WP8Support/EditorExtensions/UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/MetroSupport/EditorExtensions/UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/BB10Player/EditorExtensions/UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/EditorExtensions/UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll
    Registered in 0.005367 seconds.
    Begin MonoManager ReloadAssembly
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\Unity.Locator.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\I18N.Other.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\Unity.DataContract.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\Unity.IvyParser.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.3.4\Unity.PackageManager.dll (this message is harmless)
    Initializing Unity.PackageManager (PackageManager) v4.3.4 for Unity v4.3.4

Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.Graphs.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.Graphs.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iPhonePlayer\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iPhonePlayer\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WP8Support\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WP8Support\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\BB10Player\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\BB10Player\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\EditorExtensions\UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.3.4\Unity.PackageManager.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.3.4\Unity.PackageManager.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.NRefactory.dll (this message is harmless)
    Mono: successfully reloaded assembly
    - Completed reload, in 0.376 seconds
    System memory in use before: 11.7 MB.
    Unloading 24 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)
    System memory in use after: 10.1 MB.

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 50.
    Total: 7.704918 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.030789 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.006710 ms MarkObjects: 0.623688 ms DeleteObjects: 0.012631 ms)

Validating Project structure ... 0.000533 seconds.
    Requesting http://update.unity3d.com/4.3/ivy.xml

Downloading into C:\Users\CD86~1\AppData\Local\Temp\unity\778fff3e-8ac8-4591-b184-81b0d4fc929f\ivy.xml

Refresh, detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... 0.001185 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\nunit.framework.dll (this message is harmless)
    System memory in use before: 13.4 MB.
    Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)
    System memory in use after: 11.6 MB.

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 343.
    Total: 9.647035 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.099474 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.007105 ms MarkObjects: 1.656721 ms DeleteObjects: 0.010657 ms)

<RI> Initializing input.

XInput1_3.dll not found.
    <RI> Input initialized.

Native extension for build target not found

(Filename: https://kharma.unity3d.com/js/minified-4.5.0-r80689.js Line: 1098)

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/d3d49558e4d408f4/Editor/Platform/Windows/WebKit/WebViewDelegate.cpp Line: 69)

System memory in use before: 36.6 MB.
    Unloading 3 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)
    System memory in use after: 34.6 MB.

Unloading 3 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1608.
    Total: 8.028210 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.081711 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.006315 ms MarkObjects: 2.881597 ms DeleteObjects: 0.029210 ms)

Refresh, detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... 0.001363 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Cleanup mono

20. gferreiro

gferreiro

I did generate a log as well, and the part in question also shows the same error. I could be wrong, but it seems there is an offending javascript at the assetstore website that's making out viewers hang. here is a paste of the last part of my log.

----- Total AssetImport time: 0.020455s, AssetImport time: 0.000000s, Asset hashing: 0.000000s [0 B, 0.000000 mb/s]

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Platform/Windows/WebKit/WebViewDelegate.cpp Line: 69)

21. weronika

weronika

@twick
    There were two different issues in this thread. One was "Open in Unity" button not working from Chrome browser, that we could only reproduce in Chrome 34 on Windows 8.1. This is the only issue we are able to reproduce unfortunately.

Also, I would like to know how this issue is affecting multiple operating systems, when the only one mentioned here is Windows 8.1, where I cannot even reproduce it. I wish I could help, but I am unable unless I see the problem.

The console error saying "Unknown error" was already fixed and will be released soon.

22. weronika

weronika

The fix for the console errors has been released.

Can you please verify if this is changing anything in case of asset store not loading for you.

23. zaxvax

zaxvax

Update on the situation:
    Still can't open asset store in editor. The "unknown error" has gone, but still have "url" error.

Here is fresh log file.
    LICENSE SYSTEM [2014612 15:37:57] No start/stop license dates set

LICENSE SYSTEM [2014612 15:37:57] Next license update check is after 2014-06-12T20:25:52

Built from 'release/4.5/release' branch; Version is '4.5.0f6 (fd4616464986) revision 149807'; Using compiler version '160040219'
    BatchMode: 0, IsHumanControllingUs: 1, StartBugReporterOnCrash: 1, shouldGiveDebuggerChanceToAttach: 0
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono path[2] = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/UnityScript'
    Mono config path = 'C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/Mono/etc'
    IsTimeToCheckForNewEditor: Update time 1402574451 current 1402573077
    C:/Users/Алексей/Documents/New Unity Project
    Loading GUID <-> Path mappings ... 0.000943 seconds.
    Loading Asset Database ... 0.001221 seconds
    AssetDatabase consistency checks ... 0.028366 seconds
    Initialize engine version: 4.5.0f6 (fd4616464986)
    Direct3D:
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\Unity.Locator.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\I18N.Other.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\Unity.DataContract.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\Unity.IvyParser.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.5.0\Unity.PackageManager.dll (this message is harmless)
    Initializing Unity.PackageManager (PackageManager) v4.5.0 for Unity v4.5.0

Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/iOSSupport/UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/WP8Support/UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/MetroSupport/UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: C:/Program Files (x86)/Unity/Editor/Data/PlaybackEngines/BlackBerryPlayer/UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll
    Registered in 0.005507 seconds.
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.5.0\Unity.PackageManager.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.5.0\Unity.PackageManager.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.Graphs.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.Graphs.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iOSSupport\UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\iOSSupport\UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WP8Support\UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\WP8Support\UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\BlackBerryPlayer\UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\PlaybackEngines\BlackBerryPlayer\UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.NRefactory.dll (this message is harmless)
    - Completed reload, in 0.534 seconds
    System memory in use before: 11.6 MB.
    Unloading 24 Unused Serialized files (Serialized files now loaded: 0 / Dirty serialized files: 0)
    System memory in use after: 10.0 MB.

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 49.
    Total: 7.421889 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.021710 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.005526 ms MarkObjects: 0.735399 ms DeleteObjects: 0.004736 ms)

Validating Project structure ... 0.000459 seconds.
    Downloading http://update.unity3d.com/4.5/ivy.xml to C:\Users\CD86~1\AppData\Local\Temp\unity\ee3cd00f-0b03-400c-92bc-c0ab78abfea3\ivy.xml

Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.001374 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: C:\Program Files (x86)\Unity\Editor\Data\Managed\nunit.framework.dll (this message is harmless)
    System memory in use before: 13.4 MB.
    System memory in use after: 11.6 MB.

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 352.
    Total: 13.057978 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.037105 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.004342 ms MarkObjects: 2.362120 ms DeleteObjects: 0.006710 ms)

<RI> Initializing input.

XInput1_3.dll not found.
    <RI> Input initialized.

(Filename: C:/BuildAgent/work/aeedb04a1292f85a/Editor/Platform/Windows/WebKit/WebViewDelegate.cpp Line: 69)

Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.001719 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.002046 seconds (Nothing changed)
    System memory in use before: 36.7 MB.
    System memory in use after: 34.7 MB.

Unloading 3 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 1596.
    Total: 9.221901 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.089605 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.006710 ms MarkObjects: 3.414100 ms DeleteObjects: 0.033947 ms)

Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.001047 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Cleanup mono

24. twick

twick

Same here. Asset store still blank in editor. I am not getting the unknown error, though. Looking at my bug log It appears I am getting the same error as zaxvax.

LICENSE SYSTEM [2014612 7:54:35] Next license update check is after 2014-06-12T21:55:15

Built from 'release/4.5/release' branch; Version is '4.5.0f6 (fd4616464986) revision 149807'; Using compiler version '160040219'
    Initialize mono
    Mono path[0] = 'D:/Programs/Unity/Data/Managed'
    Mono path[1] = 'D:/Programs/Unity/Data/Mono/lib/mono/2.0'
    Mono path[2] = 'D:/Programs/Unity/Data/UnityScript'
    Mono config path = 'D:/Programs/Unity/Data/Mono/etc'
    IsTimeToCheckForNewEditor: Update time 1402577621 current 1402574075
    D:/Unity Projects/Scifi
    Loading GUID <-> Path mappings ... 0.000382 seconds.
    Loading Asset Database ... 0.000648 seconds
    AssetDatabase consistency checks ... 0.013926 seconds
    Initialize engine version: 4.5.0f6 (fd4616464986)
    Direct3D:
    Renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770M (ID=0x11e0)
    VRAM: 2976 MB
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\UnityEngine.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\Unity.Locator.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\I18N.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\I18N.West.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\Unity.DataContract.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Core.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\Unity.IvyParser.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Xml.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Configuration.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.5.0\Unity.PackageManager.dll (this message is harmless)
    Initializing Unity.PackageManager (PackageManager) v4.5.0 for Unity v4.5.0

Register platform support module: D:/Programs/Unity/Data/PlaybackEngines/AndroidPlayer/UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: D:/Programs/Unity/Data/PlaybackEngines/iOSSupport/UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: D:/Programs/Unity/Data/PlaybackEngines/WP8Support/UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: D:/Programs/Unity/Data/PlaybackEngines/MetroSupport/UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll
    Register platform support module: D:/Programs/Unity/Data/PlaybackEngines/BlackBerryPlayer/UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll
    Registered in 0.002222 seconds.
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.5.0\Unity.PackageManager.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PackageManager\Unity\PackageManager\4.5.0\Unity.PackageManager.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.Graphs.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\UnityEditor.Graphs.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\AndroidPlayer\UnityEditor.Android.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\iOSSupport\UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\iOSSupport\UnityEditor.iOS.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\WP8Support\UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\WP8Support\UnityEditor.WP8.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\MetroSupport\UnityEditor.Metro.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Non platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\BlackBerryPlayer\UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll (this message is harmless)
    Loading D:\Programs\Unity\Data\PlaybackEngines\BlackBerryPlayer\UnityEditor.BB10.Extensions.dll into Unity Child Domain
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\Mono.Cecil.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\UnityScript.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\ICSharpCode.NRefactory.dll (this message is harmless)
    - Completed reload, in 0.318 seconds
    System memory in use before: 11.6 MB.
    System memory in use after: 9.9 MB.

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 49.
    Total: 5.421134 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.009883 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.003421 ms MarkObjects: 0.504441 ms DeleteObjects: 0.002660 ms)

Validating Project structure ... 0.000097 seconds.
    Downloading http://update.unity3d.com/4.5/ivy.xml to C:\Users\tyler\AppData\Local\Temp\unity\e846d0af-e6f3-4a1a-aec9-5750fcdd9a23\ivy.xml

Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.000480 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\System.Xml.Linq.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Mono\lib\mono\2.0\Mono.Security.dll (this message is harmless)
    Platform assembly: D:\Programs\Unity\Data\Managed\nunit.framework.dll (this message is harmless)
    System memory in use before: 13.5 MB.
    System memory in use after: 11.7 MB.

Unloading 0 unused Assets to reduce memory usage. Loaded Objects now: 358.
    Total: 5.819898 ms (FindLiveObjects: 0.035732 ms CreateObjectMapping: 0.015205 ms MarkObjects: 1.934137 ms DeleteObjects: 0.023188 ms)

<RI> Initializing input.

<RI> Input initialized.

Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.000521 seconds (Nothing changed)
    Refresh: detecting if any assets need to be imported or removed ... Refresh: elapses 0.000500 seconds (Nothing changed)

25. twick

twick

Updated to 4.5.1. Did not resolve the problem.

26. gferreiro

gferreiro

same situation here, the unknown error has been eliminated, but still get the URL error.

Also remember, that booting the machine in windows 8.1 in safe mode with networking fixes the issue, but its unpractical to reboot every time I want to access the asset store.

27. tiggus

tiggus

Confirming same url error on Win 8.1, still cannot open "see complete packagelist" under "My Stuff" in Asset Store window.

28. EndorfinRyder

EndorfinRyder

I have read the thread and have the same issue.

I am using windows 7. I just updated to version 4.5. I had a pass project on 4.2.2 and it was updated with the new version and I could access the asset store on that project but if I start a new project I can not access the asset store.

I think it might be a bug in this new version. It took a long time to download this new 4.5 with my slow snail net. Does anyone have any ideas how to fix this?

29. Sylmerria

Sylmerria

same with my Unity 4.5.1 on windows 8.1

30. twick

twick

This is a great observation. I just opened up a project that was created before 4.5 and I can access the Asset Store in it.

31. endorfinnRyder

endorfinnRyder

Glad twick your still on this case:) Ben Stoneman (unity HQ in UK) has not been back on this thread yet. The second guy to post.

Was the asset store working on 4.5 before last Tuesday before Conner_13_ posted to this site?

32. zaxvax

zaxvax

Thank you EndorfinRyder, that's a great find indeed. I investigated the problem further on and found this:
    The problem is in the file <project folder>\ProjectSettings\ProjectSettings.asset
    Byte number 0x5D86 suposed to be 0x00, not 0x01. If you do some hex-edition magic you can fix it for your project. Don't forget to backup the file as you always do if you mess with something you don't understand. :)

Save it, open project in Unity and the Asset Store is up and running. However "url" error is still thrown in console and in log file.
    ProjectSettings.jpg

Edit: On the second thought I decided to add that in your ProjectSettings.asset file the broken setting can be located in a different place of the file, because of the project name and company name having various length.

While fixing it for your own project you can try to Find and Replace byte chain.
    01 00 01 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF replace with 01 00 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
    xares likes this.
  33. zaxvax

zaxvax

Funny note: Asset store in Angry Bots 4.0 is working. :D

34. endorfinnRyder

endorfinnRyder

holy shiit, that is amazing zaxvax. How did you know how to look at the hex list and find that? Now i can continue the space shooter demo. :> The url error is still there like you mentioned. maybe we should clear all the the ones to zeros lol

35. endorfinnRyder

endorfinnRyder

Nope, turning them to all zeros did not take away the error statement in the console, might have sent a chain reaction :D

36. gferreiro

gferreiro

CONFIRMED< THIS FREAKING WORKS. I AM BOOKMARKING THIS PAGE, and recommending you for a top position at UNITY!!!

37. zaxvax

zaxvax

I compared 2 files and tried to remove changes one by one. Took a lot of time, but watching movie in another window helped me to fight boredom. :D

38. endorfinnRyder

endorfinnRyder

right on! nice detective work :D

39. zaxvax

zaxvax

For those who aren't familiar with hex editing.
    1) Open AngryBots 4.0 example project ( %Public%\Documents\Unity Projects )
    2) Download your assets from the Asset Store
    3) Open your project
    4) Import assets you downloaded with Asset>Import Package>Custom Package...
    Assets you downloaded from the store are located in %APPDATA%\Unity\Asset Store

40. zaxvax

zaxvax

I investigated some more. The flag that gave us so much pain is called m_UseDX11 and can be switched in Edit>Project Settings>Player>Other Settings>Use Direct3D 11*
    In new unity projects it is turned on by default. To make Asset Store rendered you need to turn it off.

Skylander17 likes this.
  41. weronika

weronika

This is incredible finding. I will try to reproduce this issue and we will definitely still investigate how to fix that problem.

42. weronika

weronika

So this problem might be connected to your graphics card. Could you make sure that you have newest drivers for it?
    And if you could write me what kind of graphic card you have we might be able to reproduce that issue.

43. zaxvax

zaxvax

Weronika, I have dual video laptop. Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 and NVIDIA GeForce GT 730M
    Both drivers are outdated. NVIDIA is March 2014 ans Intel is Jan 2014

Asset store is working in DX11 mode with Intel
    Built from 'release/4.5/release' branch; Version is '4.5.1f3 (73cd57f80e3e) revision 153090'; Using compiler version '160040219'
    Initialize engine version: 4.5.1f3 (73cd57f80e3e)
    Direct3D:
    Renderer: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000 (ID=0x166)
    Vendor: Intel
    VRAM: 96 MB

Asset store is NOT working in DX11 mode with NVIDIA
    Built from 'release/4.5/release' branch; Version is '4.5.1f3 (73cd57f80e3e) revision 153090'; Using compiler version '160040219'
    Initialize engine version: 4.5.1f3 (73cd57f80e3e)
    Direct3D:

I have important things going on here, and can not update drivers today. Will get back to you later after installing latest stable releases.

44. zaxvax

zaxvax

Deleted NVIDIA drivers and then made clean install of latest official drivers. It didn't help at all. Nothing has changed.

45. Connor_13_

Connor_13_

This solved all of the problems!

Thanks for all your help!

46. endorfinnRyder

endorfinnRyder

I clicked off the Direct3D 11* and the asset store does open up but there is still the URL error message at the bottom in the console box? did u guys get the same?

47. gferreiro

gferreiro

I am running latest drivers non beta from NVidia. I am also running dual graphic cards (intel hd graphics 4600) and NVidia 880m.

48. zaxvax

zaxvax

Yes, but who cares as long as everything works fine. :D

49. endorfinnRyder

endorfinnRyder

true. Do you know how to delete projects?

50. zaxvax

zaxvax

Eh??? <Del> key on my keyboard have never failed me before. Elimination of project's folder works perfectly well.