Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot debug .NET Standard 2.0 plugins in Unity 2018.2.0b2 64bit editor mode.

Discussion in '2018.2 Beta' started by DerrickLau, Jun 2, 2018.

?

Are you using .NET Standard 2.0 plugins to develop UWP apps?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DerrickLau

DerrickLau

I built a bunch of Unity3D plugins in .NET Standard 2.0. I put them in my project and set them to IL2CPP backend.

I then went to Visual Studio 2017 Enterprise and attached my debugger to Unity.

I started the debugger in Visual Studio, then started the Unity editor to play the scene.

I cannot stop at any of my breakpoints.

Why?

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

It would be great if you could submit a bug report with a reproduction case attached and replied here with the case #.

3. JoshPeterson

JoshPeterson

Unity Technologies

Can you check to ensure that you have debugging information files for those .NET Standard 2.0 plugins? They are .pdb files with the same name as the .dll file.

Also, can you bug script code in the same project?

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Last thing to check is that you used "Attach Unity debugger" rather than "Attach to Process" option in Visual Studio.

5. DerrickLau

DerrickLau

Thank you all for jumping on the forums to help. I looked more carefully at my assets folder and realized I had not dragged my .NET standard 2.0 debug symbol files in. Took a while to find them, but when I did import them into Unity3D, I was able to step through my code in the debugger. Thanks! Case closed.