Search Unity

Cannot Create WSATestCertificate.pfx

Discussion in 'VR' started by Dustin-Horne, May 18, 2017.

1. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

I've filed a bug report but curious if anyone else is having this issue. I cannot create the test certificate from within the editor. Clicking Create Certificate results in an error: 'FALSE != acquireNewContextResult'

This is a major PITA as I have to create a test certificate for another UWP project in Visual Studio, then copy that certifcate over to my Assets folder and select it when creating a new HoloLens project. It works fine on my laptop using 5.6.1f1 but not on my desktop, tried with both 5.6.0p3 and 5.6.1p1.

2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

When did this start happening? Do you have a case #?

3. Dustin-Horne

Dustin-Horne

I believe it started when I installed 5.6.0 but can't be certain. For what it's worth, it works fine on my laptop with the same setup and 5.6.1f1. The case number is #912322.

Probably not related but I also filed #912349, the in editor holographic emulator can't start either.

4. YijunWang

YijunWang

I encountered the same issue today, with both 2017.4.16f and 2018.2.18f1. I can use Dustin-Horne's workaround to get unblocked. However it would be really great if we can identify the root cause of how come it doesn't work in the editor.

There's a similar discussion here: https://github.com/Microsoft/MixedRealityToolkit-Unity/issues/1950. Although that's a discussion in MRTK and Dustin's case was also related to HoloLens, it doesn't have to be a HoloLens project. On my machine, just create a new project and build for UWP to see this error.