Search Unity

Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance (Too many sounds?)

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by lasercannon, Nov 6, 2015.

1. lasercannon

lasercannon

Hey all,

I get the following error sometimes when loading audio from Resources.Load on Xbox One:

"Error: Cannot create FMOD::Sound instance for resource resources.resource, (An error occured that wasn't supposed to. Contact support. )"

This seems to happen when I have around 500 dialog lines loaded from resources and we try to load another one. We seem to have plenty of memory available. Is there some sort of limit that FMOD imposes on the number or total size of AudioClips that can be loaded on certain platforms? If so, is there a way to change that limit?

It's also worth noting that it sometimes says "sharedassets2.resource" instead (if I load Resource sounds into static variables then load a scene), causing certain sounds in that scene not to play.

The game works fine on a PC.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

EDIT: Also worth noting that this issue resolves itself if I change many of the clips to "Compressed in Memory". But since I need the audio data for lip synching, I would rather not do that for all my sounds.

2. lasercannon

lasercannon

FYI I think I need to increase Max Virtual Voices in the Audio Settings. By default it's set to 512. I'll try increasing that to 1024.

3. lasercannon

lasercannon

Strangely, increasing this to 2048 still did nothing. Back to being stumped. :/