Search Unity

Bug Cannot connect vertices in Probuilder

Discussion in 'World Building' started by jeremy_hgs, Nov 30, 2021.

1. jeremy_hgs

jeremy_hgs

Unity Version: Unity 2020.3.22f1 (LTS)
    ProBuilder Version: 4.5.2

Hello, I'm relatively new to ProBuilder but have a fair amount of experience with Level Builders (going back to Quake 3) and even most recently using Blender. I'm currently facing an issue where I'm trying to connect 2 vertices on the same mesh object to each other, but nothing seems to happen. There is no console output, and the vertices do not connect or create a new edge in any way and I can't figure out what's going wrong.

Here is an example of what I'm encountering in screenshot format.

First, I create a cylinder with a Radius of 20, 16 sides and height of 4.
    pb_bug_1.png

I then delete 2 faces of the cylinder. A face on the top, and one on the side, leaving 2 vertices disconnected without an edge. pb_bug_2.png

I then select the two vertices and click "connect vertices" and nothing happens. You can see the option is now disabled after clicking on it and presumably connecting them. pb_bug_3.png pb_bug_4.png

And as an added bonus, if I then try to "fill hole" it fills the entire thing. Can anyone else confirm this is happening for them, and what can be done to resolve this? It's a real bummer this early in the prototyping process to be encountering these issues. Thanks! pb_bug_5.png

justin_unity680 likes this.
  2. Alien_J

Alien_J

First, what are you trying to accomplish? As in, what is the end result?

Connect vertices only adds "edges" between 3 or more vertices . But there must already be a "face" inbetween those vertices.

I always thought it should read "add edge" instead of "connect vertices.