Search Unity

Bug Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by pKallv, Mar 8, 2021.

1. pKallv

pKallv

[Package Manager Window] Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:327)

Mac
    Unity 2020.2.7f1

Started today.

2. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM

Any network changes at all? Firewall additions? OS updates? Sounds like a connection change somewhere..

3. pKallv

pKallv

No. However, have not seen it today.

4. pKallv

pKallv

Same problem again and I have not changed anything:

Code (CSharp):
    1. [Package Manager Window] Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server
    2. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:327)
    4. [Package Manager Window] Cannot perform upm operation: Cannot connect to Unity Package Manager local server [Unknown].
    5. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:327)
    7. UnityEditor.PackageManager.UI.UIError
    8. UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:327)

5. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Do you use any VPN software at all?

6. pKallv

pKallv

no. I have had this for a while.

7. pKallv

pKallv

I also get a lot of:
    Code (CSharp):
    1. TLS Allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD, underlying allocator ALLOC_TEMP_THREAD has unfreed allocations, size 88
    As well as loosing my projectID, which required restart of editor to fix. Happens quite often in both 2020 and now in 2021.1.0f1

8. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

9. pKallv

pKallv

will do

10. lisakaschubat

lisakaschubat

did you find a solution? i have the same problem here! i cannot download the project from our team organization from which i am a member and unity always gives me the same error

[Package Manager Window] The file _________________________ cannot be found
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication:Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at /Users/bokken/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:327)

11. NeoTalon

NeoTalon

For me the issue is that there was a "\n" at the end of my package which was not visible in the editor. Writing the URl by hand or pasting it without the "\n" fixed the problem for me.