Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot connect to Package Manager through Proxy

Discussion in 'Package Manager' started by MatthewSanders, Jan 24, 2019.

1. MatthewSanders

MatthewSanders

Hi,

I've been trying to use new versions the Package Manager for quite some time at each release, but haven't ever been able to get them to run through our proxy, and at this stage it's getting impossible to work around. We're using Unity 2018.3.0f1

Trying to load a project that has a manifest.json with packages that need downloading (in this case com.unity.entities) gives the attached error image

upm.PNG

The Editor.log shows similar:
    [Package Manager] Done resolving packages in 7.89s seconds
    An error occurred while resolving packages:
    Project has invalid dependencies:
    com.unity.entities: Cannot connect to 'undefined' (error code: ECONNRESET).
    Package com.unity.transport@file:C:\dev\git_projects\unity-multiplayer\com.unity.transport has invalid dependencies:
    com.unity.collections: Cannot connect to 'undefined' (error code: ECONNRESET).

The upm.log seems fine:
    {"level":"info","message":"Starting Server","timestamp":"2019-01-24T15:13:03.317Z"}
    {"level":"info","message":"Health Request received","timestamp":"2019-01-24T15:13:04.166Z"}

Connecting to http://127.0.0.1:[port]/health shows everything's okay:
    {"status":"OK","nodeVersion":"v8.11.3","upmVersion":"v2.7.2"}

I've tried setting HTTP_PROXY and HTTPS_PROXY, but they don't appear to have an effect, but testing the environment variables with curl seems to confirm that both the proxy and environment variables work.

C:\>set HTTPS_PROXY=
    C:\>curl https://google.com
    curl: (7) Failed to connect to google.com port 443: Connection refused
    C:\>set HTTPS_PROXY=ip:port
    C:\>curl https://google.com
    <HTML><HEAD><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=utf-8">

And setting UNITY_NOPROXY (or not setting it) does not appear to have any effect.

Is there anything else I can begin to try?

2. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

3. MatthewSanders

MatthewSanders

Hi @okcompute_unity . Indeed, I have read through and tried the launch script (which is just setting the environment variables), launching both the Hub, and the Editor directly, with no luck, and our proxy server is not using a self-signed certificate.

4. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

And can you update the proxy/firewall configuration to let the required domains to go through? At least for testing?

5. MatthewSanders

MatthewSanders

I can use HTTP(S)_PROXY and cURL to successfully access all 5 (both HTTP and HTTPS) domains listed in the FAQ (well, 4/5, I can sucessfully connect to dl.bintray.com, but it does return a 404) -- would there be something that cURL does, that the UPM does/can not?

6. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

It is possible that something unique to our tech stack is causing the issue for you. We would have to get more info on your environment to replicate the behaviour and debug the system for that scenario. Would you mind giving us a bit more details? You can contact me directly through a conversation if you like.

Thanks a lot!

Pascal

7. febozzo

febozzo

8. okcompute_unity

okcompute_unity

9. NOP_W

NOP_W

I find what the problem on my PC is that Windows(10) blocks the connection between VPN and local networks.

Maybe you can try to set up Windows Proxy.

Go Windows Setting -> Network & Internet -> Proxy, and uncheck the radio "don't use proxy the server for (intranet) local address" if it is checked and delete text in the input field before it, then save. It should work now.

It seems that some VPN software will change this setting.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
  10. shahiltp_aramco

shahiltp_aramco

11. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Engagement Manager PSM