Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot connect to Hololens in Unity

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by tasbalint, Jan 22, 2019.

1. tasbalint

tasbalint

Using Unity: 2018.3.2f
    Want to connect hololens with project, but i cant because:
    Holographic library PerceptionRemotingPlugin: Failed to lead dll
    UnityEditor.PopupCallbackInfor:SetEnumValueDelegate(Object, String[], int32)

When i click on Connect in the Holographic Emulation Window:
    UnityException: Cannot connect because the PerceptionRemotingPlugin.dll is not loaded
    UnityEngine.XR.WSA.HolographicEmulationWindow.Connect() (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/PerceptionRemoting/HolographicEmulation/HolographicEmulationWindow.cs:163)

I have been using Unity 2017 and I wanted to go for 2018 because of .net Standard 2.0. After I installed 2018.3.2f this error apeared. Uninstalled Unity 2017 and 2018 reinstalled 2018 nothing changed.
    So i tried to look for a Solution, they told me to reinstall Windows but that cannot be the solution to this?!
    So I tried again, Uninstalled everything Unity related in Program Files, in AppData EVERYTHING. Didnt helped....

Pls what is the solution to this problem...

2. lukasz_pasek

lukasz_pasek

Unity Technologies

Hi @tasbalint !

Could you let me know what version of the Windows Mixed Reality package you are using? You can get that info either by looking at the Package Manager or manifest.json file in your project folder.

3. tasbalint

tasbalint

Version 1.0.8

4. tasbalint

tasbalint

orbisunity likes this.
  5. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

I am experiencing the same problem. I have just installed 2018.3.5f1 with vuforia and UWP il2cpp. I have installed the Windows Mixed Reality package version 1.0.8. I am working on the Vuforia hololens sample from the asset store.

When trying to connect to the hololens via holographic remoting I get the same error:
    UnityException: Cannot connect because the PerceptionRemotingPlugin.dll is not loaded
    UnityEngine.XR.WSA.HolographicEmulationWindow.Connect () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/PerceptionRemoting/HolographicEmulation/HolographicEmulationWindow.cs:163)
    UnityEngine.XR.WSA.HolographicEmulationWindow.HandleButtonPress () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/PerceptionRemoting/HolographicEmulation/HolographicEmulationWindow.cs:193)
    UnityEngine.XR.WSA.HolographicEmulationWindow.<ConnectionStateGUI>m__0 () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/PerceptionRemoting/HolographicEmulation/HolographicEmulationWindow.cs:304)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.CheckCallDelayed () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:279)
    UnityEditor.EditorApplication.Internal_CallUpdateFunctions () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorApplication.cs:200)

In project settings XR settings I have virtual reality supported ticked, windows mixed reality sdk selected and WSA holographic remoting supported ticked as well. I can build and deploy the project but I can't remote. Which is a real shame as it would save so much time.

6. Mr_Jigs

Mr_Jigs

The above error is the one and only message in the console when I re-create the project from scratch. I haven't done anything yet apart from asking Unity to create a new project.
    Windows mixed reality package is not yet installed. After installing WMR package 1.0.8 and ticking all the boxes the error remains whenever I click the connect button.

7. seb_krueger

seb_krueger

Same issue here. I'm using Unity 2018.3.9f1. Mixed reality is working. Connecting to HoloLens fails due to missing PerceptionRemotingPlugin.dll. I can't find any Windows Mixed Reality package in the asset store for manual installation.

8. MadeFromPolygons

MadeFromPolygons

Have you installed the package from package manager, not asset store?

9. songsongsongsong

songsongsongsong

I did the all the thing above,but still not work.
    But I find the way to make it work now !!!

install Unity 2019.1.0f2 through Unity Hub, then make a copy of original project. And you can use 2019 version unity open the copy project,the project version will update to 2019.
    finally, I got the remote play on my Hololens agagin. Remote function did save much development and test time.

10. seb_krueger

seb_krueger

Good to hear that! Thanks for that hint.

In the meantime I also figured out my issue. It was related to the ability to contact the package server thru a proxy. And this proxy needed some credentials...

songsongsongsong likes this.
  11. songsongsongsong

songsongsongsong

nice work.
    I am curious how do you find the problem is caused by lack of credentials?

12. seb_krueger

seb_krueger

The Unity Editor didn't gave any respose. It was just not able to connect to the package server. Even after using the proxy, the message was the same. Then I just talked to some admin guys (in our rather large company) what we need to consider when using the proxies directly via url.

It would be nice if Unity would be more verbose in such cases...

13. songsongsongsong

songsongsongsong

LOL. good shot.