Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot change Skybox Material

Discussion in 'Graphics Experimental Previews' started by Redphoenix666, Apr 23, 2018.

1. Redphoenix666

Redphoenix666

We are using the latest Beta, but we ran into a pretty bad issue:
    We can't change the default skybox. I already deleted the Volume Settings,but I just can't change the skybox material as its always reverting itself back to Skybox/Cubemap.

Any ideas what this could be?

2. LeonhardP

LeonhardP

Unity Technologies

Could you please submit a bug report with a minimal reproduction project and reply in here with the case #? You can find best practices for doing that here: A guide to beta testing

3. Redphoenix666

Redphoenix666

Well, it's a bit weird and straight forward for us here: Open new a project, open the scene, delete the Volume Settings Gameobject, go into Lighting Settings and try to change the Skybox material.

I'd like to help more, but thats literally all that happens here. We tought at first that it is because of the Volume Settings and the new procedural sky, but even with that disabled we still cannot change the cubemap in the Lighting Settings.

edit: I'll setup the report in a second.

4. Redphoenix666

Redphoenix666

Case # is 1029463

LeonhardP likes this.
  5. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

If you are using HDRP then this is correct because HDRP controls the lighting window and skybox generation. Temporary Instruction Manual on github:

https://github.com/Unity-Technologies/ScriptableRenderPipeline/wiki

Don't think it is a bug. See the wiki for details. Also this is not a beta issue but a Graphics Experimental Preview issue so I have moved the thread there.

elbows and LeonhardP like this.
  6. elbows

elbows

Indeed. Setup volume by removing Procedural Sky component and adding HDRI Sky component. Choose a cubemap for HDRI Sky, mess with exposure etc if required, set the right kind of sky in the Baking Sky script if required.

Blu3pulsar likes this.
  7. Blu3pulsar

Blu3pulsar

Thank you for these tipps. In Addition don't forget to change the Sky Type to HDRISky in the "Visual Environment" Setting or you won't get to see the change.

elbows likes this.