Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot build Windows Store 10 game in Visual Studio 2015 Pro (Unity 5.0.2b5)

Discussion in '5.2 Beta' started by coxl1n, Aug 5, 2015.

1. coxl1n

coxl1n

Hey guys

I have been trying to create a Windows Store 10 build with the release version of Visual Studio 2015 Pro and Unity 5.0.2b5 to no avail using both XAML and D3D.

If I try and create a fresh Windows 10 Universal Project solution from Visual Studio, it builds fine.

Comparing the two projects There seem to be several things wrong.

The first is that the reference for the C++ library is incorrect. This can be rectified by replacing it with the correct one. However if you try and build, you hit the second problem, with Visual Studio throwing many an error marking the majority of variables invalid with the "CS0518 C# Predefined type 'System.Object' is not defined or imported" error or something similar.

Comparing the references with a normal Windows Store app, the Untiy project file is missing a load of references that seem to be being populated by NUGet. I try and grab the packages it refers to (the Microsoft.NetCore.UniversalWindowsPlatform) but then it states the following :

"Could not install package 'Microsoft.NETCore.Platforms 1.0.0'. You are trying to install this package into a project that targets '.NETCore,Version=v5.0', but the package does not contain any assembly references or content files that are compatible with that framework. For more information, contact the package author."

It would be great to know if you guys have come across this yet and if so if there is any solution or at least an ETA of when we are going to get a template that is compatible with VS2015Pro?

Many Thanks

MrEsquire likes this.
  2. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Hi,

check this thread:

http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/universal-windows-app-support.337940/

Basically, Microsoft changed a lot of stuff between VS 2015 RC and RTM, and it caused us to break. We're working towards fixing it in the next few betas.

If you want to develop for Windows 10 today, install VS 2015 RC. Note: that will only help you to develop - VS 2015 RC unfortunately isn't able to submit games to the Windows Store. For that, you'll have to wait for our fix.

3. coxl1n

coxl1n

Thanks for the quick reply!

Unfortunately however the installer provided with the current beta does not seem to be successfully installing some of the items Unity needs and when I try to build I am getting an error "Could not start compilationException: 'UnionMetadata\Windows.winmd' not found, do you have Windows UAP SDK installed?".

I have now installed the Visual Studio included with the build after uninstalling the RTM Pro version

4. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

However it might sound strange, the VS included with Unity is not the one you want. Incidentally, we include VS RTM.

5. coxl1n

coxl1n

6. Tautvydas-Zilys

Tautvydas-Zilys

Unity Technologies

Yes, that's the one. Btw, when installing VS, make sure to check Windows SDK checkboxes, as they are not checked by default.

7. coxl1n

coxl1n

Thank you!

8. coxl1n

coxl1n

Hi there again, when you say we cannot submit Windows Store Packages does that mean the game will not pass the WACK test or?