Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Resolved Cannot Build Tiny3D on macos bigsur, no_dotnet_found error

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by BattlefieldNoob, Feb 27, 2021.

1. BattlefieldNoob

BattlefieldNoob

Hi, first of all thank you for Tiny!!

I can't complete the build on macOS, after some minutes Unity fail to build with this error message

This error appear using "Wasm", "Mac - Dotnet" and "Mac - il2cpp" Build configurations (i didn't tried with other configurations)

Documentation say the only dependency on macos is XCode, i've installed the latest versions of dotnet but nothing changed

dotnet --list-sdks prints:
    i'm on macOS 11.1 (20C69) and i'm using XCode Version 12.3 (12C33)

Thank you!

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Make sure xcode-select -p returns /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer if not please run sudo xcode-select -r to reset the default Xcode path.

3. BattlefieldNoob

BattlefieldNoob

Hi Abdul, thank you for your reply

The command "xcode-select -p" output "/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer" as expected

i've tried to build Tiny3D on another mac, with XCode Version 12.4 (12D4e) and same macOS version (11.1 20C69) and this time the build succeded, i will try to update my XCode version to latest

Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
  4. BattlefieldNoob

BattlefieldNoob

Unfortunatelly update XCode to Version 12.4 (12D4e) did not solve the build problem on my Mac, there is something wrong with my configuration, maybe setting some env variables for DotNet could help me?

5. BattlefieldNoob

BattlefieldNoob

*Solved* I've installed Visual studio for mac from Unity Hub, now i can build successfully.

There is a way to skip Visual studio installation? my idea is to setup a CI pipeline with github actions, the macos hosted machine have already dotnet installed but for some reason Unity can't see him

6. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Interesting,
    It's not required to install VS on mac
    maybe you were missing something that got installed alongside Visual studio for mac?

7. BattlefieldNoob

BattlefieldNoob

I've done some tests by deleting mono and dotnet, i've found that it's required to have only mono installed to build.
    I think Unity Hub installed it along with Visual Studio Mac

Should mono be added as dependency into macOS documentation?

8. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

The build system should use mono from the Unity editor