Search Unity

1. Are you interested in providing feedback directly to Unity teams? Sign up to become a member of Unity Pulse, our new product feedback and research community.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot build IL2CPP

Discussion in 'UGUI & TextMesh Pro' started by pako, Sep 2, 2018.

1. pako

pako

My Project doesn't have any errors while running. However when I build (IL2CPP) I get some errors:

Failed running C:\Program Files\Unity 2018\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe ...

Exception: C:\Program Files\Unity 2018\Editor\Data\il2cpp/build/il2cpp.exe did not run properly!

Build completed with a result of 'Succeeded' (???)

and then...

Copying assembly from 'Temp/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll' to 'Library/ScriptAssemblies/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll' failed

I googled for this issue, but nothing works. Don't really know what to do, seems like a bug, nothing wrong with my code.

EDIT: Same problem with Unity 2018.2.5 and 2018.2.6

EDIT 2: The error "Copying assembly from 'Temp/Unity.TextMeshPro.dll ..." goes away after a restart. Also, it "showed up" in a Mono build too. Since the project built an apk successfully with Mono, the problem has nothing to do with TextMesh Pro. Most probably its caused by another plugin.

Maybe this post should be deleted.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2018
  2. Lewnatic

Lewnatic

Same for me. And my build is not working for russian users with mono. Because mono-2.0-bdwgc.dll uses latin and not cyril. This is how polished unity is these days.

3. vibedev

vibedev

Hi guys, Any solution to this? I get it upon starting up my project, and the only thing I can do is to re-launch my project...

unityunity