Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot build exported solution in Visual Studio from Unity: gives error

Discussion in 'VR' started by Jesse_DuBord, Mar 2, 2018.

1. Jesse_DuBord

Jesse_DuBord

I followed the steps from both Unity and Microsoft web pages to set up the build settings and build an immersive app for Mixed Reality headsets on Unity. After building/exporting the project into a Visual Studio Solution, I open the solution in Visual Studio 2017 and try to compile the solution (in order to get the ultimate end: an executable I could run on other machines).

Every time I try to build, however, I get this long error that appears to be a single command. I've added the output of Visual studio in an attached .txt file.

Not sure how to fix this error and let my app compile successfully. Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. unity_andrewc

unity_andrewc

Unity Technologies

No idea whether this would be the only issue, but at the very least, those path names look way too long. I don't see any paths listed as long as the max path length, but you never know - I would suggest moving your project closer to root and trying again. Let me know if that doesn't work and I can take a closer look.

3. Jesse_DuBord

Jesse_DuBord

I moved the built Visual Studio solution over to my C: drive, putting the app folder right in the C:\ directory. Visual Studio compiled the project just fine after that -- the error was no longer present.

Appreciate the advice, @unity_andrewc. While I'm glad I found a work-around, I still wish I knew exactly why it was happening. But hey, working is working.