Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot build and deploy with 5.04f1-HTP, SerialWeaver crashes possibly on UNET

Discussion in 'VR' started by quitebuttery, Aug 4, 2016.

1. quitebuttery

quitebuttery

I just started getting this error today when building and deploying to HoloLens:

Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State
    Error The command ""C:\EW\A\Unity\Tools\SerializationWeaver\SerializationWeaver.exe" "C:\EW\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\bin\x86\Release\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" -pdb -verbose -unity-engine="C:\EW\A\EW\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.dll" -unity-networking="C:\EW\A\EW\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll" "C:\EW\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\obj\x86\Release\x86\Release"" exited with code 1. Assembly-CSharp C:\EW\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\Assembly-CSharp.csproj 226

I looked around the hololens forums an most suggestions were that it was a path length issue, I moved it to a short path to no avail. However, when I try and paste this command into my terminal to see what the error output is, I get this (as seen in error.png)

C:\Users\Flarb>"C:\EW\A\Unity\Tools\SerializationWeaver\SerializationWeaver.exe" "C:\EW\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\bin\x86\Release\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp.dll" -pdb -verbose -unity-engine="C:\EW\A\EW\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.dll" -unity-networking="C:\EW\A\EW\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll" "C:\EW\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\obj\x86\Release\x86\Release"
    Symbols will be read from C:\EW\A\EW\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.pdb
    Symbols will be read from C:\EW\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\bin\x86\Release\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp.pdb
    WeaveAssemblies unityPath= C:\EW\A\EW\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.dll
    WeaveAssemblies unetPath= C:\EW\A\EW\Unprocessed\UnityEngine.Networking.dll
    Symbols will be read from C:\EW\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\bin\x86\Release\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp.pdb
    Script Module: Assembly-CSharp.dll
    [NewtorkedSpawnedObject] Found NetworkBehaviour NewtorkedSpawnedObject
    [NewtorkedSpawnedObject] NetworkBehaviourProcessor
    [NewtorkedSpawnedObject] Process Start
    System.Exception: Failed to generate networking code for C:\EW\UWP\Assembly-CSharp\bin\x86\Release\Unprocessed\Assembly-CSharp.dll:
    UNetWeaver error: Exception :Mono.Cecil.AssemblyResolutionException: Failed to resolve assembly: 'Assembly-CSharp-firstpass, Version=0.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'
    at Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver.Weave(String assName, IEnumerable`1 dependencies, IAssemblyResolver assemblyResolver, String unityEngineDLLPath, String unityUNetDLLPath, String outputDir)
    at Unity.UNetWeaver.Weaver.WeaveAssemblies(IEnumerable`1 assemblies, IEnumerable`1 dependencies, IAssemblyResolver assemblyResolver, String outputDir, String unityEngineDLLPath, String unityUNetDLLPath)

at usw.Weaver.Weave()
    at usw.Program.RunProgram(ConversionOptions options)
    at usw.Program.Main(String[] args)

I think that for some reason it can't find the UNet DLLs?

Is there some project setting for this?

Attached Files:

2. quitebuttery

quitebuttery

Ok so I removed my UNET code and it compiles and deploys again. All I did was make another class a subclass of networkbehaviour, but for some reason that did it. I'm not using the UNET stuff at the moment, so that's OK I guess--but when I get back to the Multiplayer stuff I'll have to figure out what the problem is.

Or is this a bug in the toolchain?

3. Unity_Wesley

Unity_Wesley

Unity Technologies

Hello,

Was there any recent changes to the project? I have not been able reproduce the issue on my end, with the EW project I pulled a few days ago.

Thank you,
    Wesley

4. quitebuttery

quitebuttery

I tore out the UNET code to get it to work. I'll pm you with the commit to use.