Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Question Cannot build 2D-Entities-Starter project.

Discussion in 'Project Tiny' started by ikalinin911, Nov 2, 2020.

1. ikalinin911

ikalinin911

Hello,

I receive this error upon building Web-Wasm in 2D-Entities-Starter project. Do you have any ideas how to solve it?

UnityError.JPG

2. AbdulAlgharbi

AbdulAlgharbi

Unity Technologies

Hi
    With the latest Tiny 0.31 release, we have renamed 2D-Entities-Starter to Tiny2D
    Can you try Tiny2D and let us know if you see any problems?

3. ikalinin911

ikalinin911

Hello,

No, this did not help. I attached screenshots of errors which I receive upon upgrading or importing Project Tiny 0.31. I tried to upgrade TinySpaceship, TinyRacer, Tiny 2d-entities, also I tried to import the package to the empty project.

Do you have any ideas what I did wrong?

Regards,
    Ilya

Attached Files:

4. Ted_Wikman

Ted_Wikman

Unity Technologies

Hello @ikalinin911
    It seems you are experiencing two separate issues. Let's have a look at them one by one.

1. Compile error when importing Tiny All into a new 2020.1.x 2D template project
    Tiny All comes with an updated version of Collections. The 2D Animation package included in the 2D template project does not have support for this updated version of Collections. However, we have an updated version of 2D Animation that does. Go to Window > Package Manager, find 2D Animation in the list of installed packages, select it and press the Update to 4.2.6 button in the lower right corner of the window. This should remove any compile errors you previously saw.

2. Build errors when building the demos in ProjectTinySamples
    Like Abdul previously noted, with the release of Tiny 0.31 we have updated and moved 2D Entities Starter. It is now called Tiny2D and located in the ProjectTinySamples repository, with the rest of the Project Tiny demos and templates.

1. Make sure you are pulling Tiny2D from the new repository.
    2. Have a look through the list of required libraries in the System Requirements section in our getting started document and make sure you have installed all the libraries required for Project Tiny development.
    3. Check to see if any other platform can build without errors
    4. If you are still seeing errors when building, please share the error you are seeing in the console when the build fails (preferably in text format, so we can see all lines).

Keep us posted on your progress!

5. ikalinin911

ikalinin911

Hello, thanks for your reply. It motivates me a lot, but I have a new issue which I cannot solve by myself.

I receive this error upon building TinySpaceship. It is worth mentioning that :

1. I pulled Tiny2D from the newest repository.
    2. I have all required libraries installed.
    3. I cannot build any build and receive the same error all the time.
    4. I attached the screenshot with the error.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

• set.JPG
      set.JPG
      File size:
      226.1 KB
      Views:
  6. V_i_T

V_i_T

I had the same error while trying to build in Windows 10. Perhaps you do not have all the necessary packages installed or not updated
    My problem disappeared after I installed of last version of Windows 10 SDK (10.####).
    In more detail here https://forum.unity.com/threads/project-tiny-0-28-preview-is-available.939876/page-2#post-6241640 and https://forum.unity.com/threads/tiny3d-build-error.1000561/#post-6497599

I hope this helps you too.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2020
  7. ikalinin911

ikalinin911

Problem solved after updating the SDK. Thanks to all who participated!