Search Unity

Cannot bake static reflection probe

Discussion in 'General Graphics' started by Minos321, Jun 27, 2019.

1. Minos321

Minos321

Hi everyone!

I haven't been able to bake static reflection probes in quite some time now, I get this error message:

Cube texture could not be created. Only Power of Two textures can be cubemaps.

Could not create asset from Assets/Scenes/LoadingScreen_Travelling/ReflectionProbe-0.exr: Cube texture could not be created. Only Power of Two textures can be cubemaps.
    UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent(Int32, IntPtr)

It'm not doing anything fancy, just dropping a reflection probe, changed its type to baked and hitting bake. Am I missing some step?

I'm having this happen on different versions and even on different computers, so it must be something stupid I'm missing somewhere.

Does anyone have any clue why this is happening? It seems so straightforward....

Thanks!

2. Minos321

Minos321

Ok, I found out the reason why it's not baking. When I create a new reflection probe, somehow Unity is defaulting the cubemap's texture format to Sprite2D instead of Default and Cube...

3. chenjiechao666

chenjiechao666

I found out that the problem was due to a custom AssetPostprocessor that forced all imports to Sprite when handling OnPreprocessTexture