Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Cannot auto save model after training wiith ml-agents0.13.1

Discussion in 'ML-Agents' started by AngelClannad, Apr 22, 2020.

1. AngelClannad

AngelClannad

I use ml-agents 0.13.1 to train the agent according to the document “Making a New Learning Environment”.Everything was right during the training process.However,after the training was done,the information that INFO:mlagents.trainer:Exported /.nn file showed,I can't find the model with that path.There is no model folder in ./ml-agents/.I did not interrupt the training by pressing Ctrl+C or stopping Unity Editor.
    This happened several times.First,I installed python virtual environment and training in it,the autosave failed.Then I deactivated the virtual environment and download the python packages again,I trained again and it worked.I can find the .nn file in the./ml-agents/run-id/behavior name/.But,today, when I use it again with different run-id,it failed.Then I trained 3DBall and still can't get the model.

Unity:2018.4.14
    ML-Agents:0.13.1
    TensorFlow:2.0.1
    Python:3.6.8

2. vincentpierre

vincentpierre

When the console prints

Exported ./models/ppo/<behavior_name>.nn file

The model should be at that path.
    means your current directory. Make sure you are running the mlagents-learn command from the right ml-agents directory.

The fact that you got it to run with a specific run-id and not another makes me think that this is probably due to running the command in the wrong directory,

3. AngelClannad

AngelClannad

Oh,I find those models in C:\user\models. I didn't change the directory when training.Thanks a lot,really appreciate.