Search Unity

Unity's version control component has been upgraded to Plastic SCM.

Cannot Access Collab file due to "Cannot Download Entry" error

Discussion in 'Unity Collaborate' started by csci2556Class, Dec 2, 2019.

1. csci2556Class

csci2556Class

I've been running into a major error for the past few hours that I've tried every single solution too;
    • I've deleted and redownloaded the Collab folder
    • I've deleted and redownloaded the entire file folder
    • I've completely deleted the files and reinstalled both Unity Hub and Unity itself
    For some reason, the issue persists no matter what I do- it keeps failing to update because it "Cannot Download Entry".

What can I do to fix this?

2. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @csci2556Class, I'm sorry that you've been stuck with this error for so long. With the third thing you tried where you deleted the files, did you delete your entire project and re-download it from the Hub? Could you also check if you have accidentally archived this project from the Developer Dashboard? Some users have also resolved this issue after removing the Google Drive app, but that's only been in very rare cases.

3. csci2556Class

csci2556Class

Hello! Apologies for not responding for nearly 15 days haha.

To your first question, yes I have redownloaded it from the hub. The problem appears to be something wrong with the Cloud files themselves, and I'm not exactly sure what to do about it. I also will check if I accidentally archived the project, however this problem is individual. My other teammembers have not encountered this issue (one encountered the Download Entry issue but they fixed it by deleting the package folder), while mine seems uniquely an issue within the Cloud files.

I should not have a google drive app installed.

4. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Thank you for your response. I'm curious if there's something unique about your setup that is interfering with Unity's connection to the Collab service? Could you try running our Network Reporter Tool and sending me in a DM the generated log?

5. Electronic_Brain

Electronic_Brain

I'm facing kinda same problem. Since last evening, I've been trying to pull the latest revision. Collab downloads about 80% and then give error that "Cannot Download Entry". Same happening while pushing. @ryanc-unity I'm sending you the network report log, please give a look.

6. Ryan-Unity

Ryan-Unity

Hi @Electronic_Brain, thank you for sharing your log. I can see that your machine is having trouble reaching Google's cloud storage endpoints. Could you double check if you have any firewalls or proxies running and try disabling them if you are? It's also possible that, for smaller networks, your gateway could be overloaded with concurrent requests made by the service. In that case, try restarting your router (if possible) and reattempt pulling the latest updates.