Search Unity

Can you use the Mixamo animations in DAZ figures FBX?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by greatUnityGamer, Feb 20, 2015.

1. greatUnityGamer

greatUnityGamer

or how would you get Mixamo animations into Daz figures? I bought Mixamo animations from the Asset store . And i use DAZ studio for my characters...exporting them as FBX or OBJ into Unity.

I did kind of read some article saying that you can do it by going into the Mixamo website..but i'm not sure.

2. CelticKnight

CelticKnight

I imported some of the free Mixamo mocap animations directly into Unity and had them working on characters I imported from MakeHuman - using the FBX format rigged for 72 bones (iirc) - had to fix up the hands though. The latest unstable version of MakeHuman now has an exporter that fully supports Unity bones structure, haven't tested that out though.

I am this close - fingers very close together ;) - to buying the Mixamo MMA pack, their animations look great.

Never heard of DAZ Studio but assuming it allows for full rigging of the bones, it shouldn't prove too much of a problem linking up the mocap within Unity.

3. Mixamo_Jeanette

Mixamo_Jeanette

Jeanette from Mixamo here!

You can do two ways, either make the character and apply the animations directly from the website onto your character through www.mixamo.com. We have a tutorial for Daz > Mixamo animations here.

Or you can just import your DAZ character to Unity and define it as humanoid. Then download animations from Mixamo (UAS or Mixamo.com) and import them as well. The great thing about Mecanim is that humanoid animations work directly on any other humanoid character as long as you set it up right.

Mixamo also has our own character creator, Fuse, that is rapdily expanding with new features, so that might be an alternative you want to check out.

4. medhue

medhue

Of course, I could be totally wrong here, but I have used Daz characters in the past. If you are using Genesis, or similar, it has bones that are not defined in the Humanoid rig, which means it will have parts of the mesh weighted to bones that aren't controlled by the humanoid rig. You will likely have to rig genesis to a rig with the right bone set up, or possibly create masks or animations in Unity to handle those bones not in the humanoid rig. If you just rigged the genesis model with Maximo's autorigger, it should work perfectly, but I've never used it. Just my thoughts.

5. CherryMotion

CherryMotion

Yes you can,

as they said you just need to define your character as humanoid and choose the bones that you need, Unity works with FBX formats, and you can find a great library here Download fbx

Also, you can find Daz animations here

Check more at https://www.flipbookmarket.com/store

Last edited: Mar 19, 2016