Search Unity

Question Can you set spending caps in UGS ?

Discussion in 'Unity Gaming Services General Discussion' started by Kooshy, Sep 3, 2022.

1. Kooshy

Kooshy

I'm integrating UGS into a project, and a concern came up- one of the threats with a pay-as-you-go service is something leads to runaway usage, and if there's no automatic way to stop it, you can end up with a bill you can't pay. So, I'm looking for a way to do just that, pretty much what this article says: https://docs.unity3d.com/2021.3/Documentation/Manual/UnityCloudBuildUsageCosts.html ... but for Analytics.

However, the link in that article to info about setting and managing spending caps hits a 404, and I haven't been able to find anything about it in the dashboard, by searching this forum, or really anything on google except the link above.

So..is it a thing? How would I do it? Or if it's not a thing, is it something in the works?

2. joonarahko

joonarahko

Unity Technologies

Thanks for reaching out @Kooshy. I am happy to tell you that this is something that is currently on our roadmap. Unfortunately this is not something we'll have in place in the immediate future, but it is definitely an important feature that we plan to provide as soon as we can.

Best regards,
    Joona

3. acgabor

acgabor

@joonarahko Is there any update on it? I am really interested in implementing these services but without setting a monthly spending limit I am really afraid to use it. :(

Is it something which we might get before e.g 2023 Q3?

Thank you very much in advance!

Kooshy likes this.
  4. SmegyMobak

SmegyMobak

So is it even happening? my dad keeps telling me that i cant make my game multiplayer bc it would spend my money

acgabor likes this.