Search Unity

Can you guys help?? There's something weird happened on my game_data folder...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deleted User, Apr 14, 2021.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User

- So normally, a game data folder that is close to the .exe file are named like this :
    Game_Data
    Game.exe
    - But suddenly it turned like this and it won't work until I renamed it to this :
    gGame_Data
    Game.exe
    So how do I return it to normal again?? (Return it to where there's no g on the data folder)

2. SparrowGS

SparrowGS

What happens if it's named without the 'g' and you try and boot the .exe, do you get an error message? any window pops up? anything related in the task manager?

Try building the game again.

3. Deleted User

Deleted User

- Normally the .exe will run just fine without the 'g', but suddenly after I run my computer again in the next day its giving me a 'folder not found' error message and it said the data folder must be 'gGame_Data' not 'Game_Data'...

4. Murgilod

Murgilod

Did you change anything in your game's code? This shouldn't be happening at all but I can't figure where else to start

5. Deleted User

Deleted User

- I didn't change anything though, just like I normally do, test it, recheck, and done...

6. Joe-Censored

Joe-Censored

The one time I messed with changing exe and data folder names, what I saw was the name of the data folder is derived from the name of the exe. So whatever.exe looks for whatever_data. Do you have any special or non-ascii characters in the exe name by chance? Otherwise I am no help :p