Search Unity

Can you find your way out from the office?

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by grayjohn, May 1, 2023.

1. grayjohn

grayjohn

Hi everyone,

My first game, Mystery in the Office, launched on Steam and Epic Games Store! :)

Play on Steam | Epic Games Store
    It is a an immersive text-based game that takes you on a journey through an abandoned office with a history of terrible management, mysteriously locked from the outside. You'll explore a series of highly interactive rooms, uncovering clues to unlock the exit, and finally unravel the mystery of why the office was abandoned.

One unique aspect of the game is the sarcastic and ironic tone that permeates every message that you'll encounter. The game doesn't take itself too seriously, and it's meant to make you smile as you solve puzzles and uncover the truth about what happened in the office.

Take a look at the launch trailer below.

Let me know what you think about it.
    If you decide to play the game, please help me with a review :D (it would mean a lot!)

Last edited: Sep 16, 2023
    ArachnidAnimal likes this.
  2. halley

halley

Awesome.

I like the ways you added your gameplay elements seamlessly into a well-known asset pack, it shows the power of leveraging your strengths to get a game finished and released. The fact it's a mystery is really cool. It looks promising, and wish you luck with it.

Ryiah and grayjohn like this.
  3. grayjohn

grayjohn

Thank you so much!!

4. grayjohn

grayjohn

5. grayjohn

grayjohn

I'm excited to announce that I'm giving away 70 Steam keys for my game, Mystery in the Office, to celebrate the first month from launch. This is an amazing opportunity to explore this immersive and humorous game, where you'll escape from a mysteriously locked office and uncover the mystery behind its abandonment.

To participate in the giveaway, click on the following link:
    https://www.indiedb.com/giveaways/mystery-in-the-office-giveaway

The winners will be selected after 24 hours randomly and will receive an email with a redeemable Steam key, or you can check if you won (after the giveaway is closed) by visiting this page: https://www.indiedb.com/giveaways/prizes

Even if you don't win, you can still get the game on Steam for less than 2 dollars! So add it to your wishlist anyway and get ready to experience the fun. And if you play the game, please consider leaving a review!

I wish everyone the best of luck!

6. grayjohn

grayjohn

I'm happy to share with you the latest update to Mystery in the Office, released only a few days ago, packed with exciting improvements :cool:

• Informative text notifications: Interacting with items that contribute to achievements is now accompanied by informative text, providing valuable feedback and keeping you engaged.
    • Inventory notification widget: with the new notification widget, you'll receive instant visual feedback when items are added or consumed.
    • Customizable screen resolution: I've introduced an option in the settings menu to configure your preferred screen resolution.
    • Enhanced tape experience: I've implemented a numbering system for the tapes, making it easier to identify which recording you're about to listen to before the dialog begins.
    • Improved inventory naming: I've renamed certain inventory items for enhanced clarity.
    20230526162918_3.png

20230526162918_2.png

20230526162918_1.png

I'm committed to providing the best possible gaming experience in Mystery in the Office, so stay tuned for more additions and enhancements in the future.

If you're a fan of mysteries and enjoy the challenge of puzzle-solving, Mystery in the Office is a must-play game. Head over to the Steam Store/Epic Games Store page and get your copy now!

7. Leo-Yaik

Leo-Yaik

Unity Technologies

Congrats!

grayjohn likes this.
  8. grayjohn

grayjohn

For a limited time only, the game is available at a 25% discount :)
    https://store.steampowered.com/app/2375400

discount (1).png

Don't miss out on this opportunity to immerse yourself in a captivating adventure where you will try to escape from a mysteriously locked office. Play this humorous game and experience the consequences of terrible management, as you investigate interactive rooms, unlock the exit, and unravel the mystery of why the office was abandoned!

If you play the game, please consider leaving a review on Steam! This would mean a lot to me and would help the game become more visible on the platform :oops:

9. MUA_0929

MUA_0929

nice

grayjohn likes this.
  10. grayjohn

grayjohn

event_header_major_update.png

I'm thrilled to introduce a feature that enhances the accessibility and overall enjoyment of Mystery in the Office for our global community of players.

We've gone the extra mile by localizing the game into multiple languages, ensuring that even more players can fully immerse themselves in our captivating narrative.
    Whether you're an English speaker or prefer to delve into the mysteries of the abandoned office in Spanish, French, Portuguese, Russian, German, or Italian, you can now experience the game in a language that feels most natural to you. Simply head to the Settings menu and select your preferred language!

But that's not all! Here is a rundown of all the improvements in version 1.2.1.

What's New:
    • Expanded language support with game localization in multiple languages

Improvements:
    • Tapes are now marked as 'used' only after users listen to the entire dialogue.
    • Enhanced visual clarity with improved contrast and brightness
    • Upgraded to the latest Long-Term Support version of Unity

Bug Fixes:
    • Tapes were removed from the inventory as soon as the user started listening to them. This issue has been resolved to wait for the end of the dialogue.
    • The clickable area of the Exit button was overlapping with the 'Back' text in the Settings menu. The area has been reduced to avoid issues.
    I hope you thoroughly enjoy this latest update! Be sure to stay tuned for more thrilling announcements and updates on the horizon. Happy gaming!
    Please consider leaving a review. This would mean a lot to us :)