Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Can you enlarge maya's ui?

Discussion in 'Formats & External Tools' started by IcyPeak, Jun 10, 2014.

1. IcyPeak

IcyPeak

Hi all, I got a 4k monitor recently for my workstation and am finding Maya has a user interface with icons that are now too small to use comfortably. Is there a way, even if just stretching them, to make the interface scale? I found a text edit for the UI labels and font size but no dice on icons thus far.

Also has anyone heard more about the new Photoshop cc version launching alongside the surface pro 3 and when that will be available? It's supposed to provide a scalable interface.

2. Autarkis

Autarkis

It can be done, but you'd have to heavily script a new UI system for maya to do it. Why are you using icons though? Much faster to get stuff done with nicely set up marking menus ( i know that wasnt your question, but it will really speed up your workflow.)

3. IcyPeak

IcyPeak

Hi Autarkis, thanks... the reason is because I'm green at Maya. Photoshop I have a good handle on using it with barely touching the UI, but not Maya at this point. I hadn't been aware of customizable marking menus just yet, looked them up and they look like just the thing to work with. Glad you brought that idea up! My previous experience is mostly with Max, however I grabbed the subscription to look into Maya since I'm in an in-between time at the moment in terms of doing anything.

4. Autarkis

Autarkis

Definitely. Think of Marking menus as the quad menu in Max on crack :)