Search Unity

Can you disable UCB from attempting to use cocoapods? Trying to get firebase + iOS + UCB to work.

Discussion in 'Unity Build Automation' started by jcion, Sep 5, 2017.

1. jcion

jcion

Attempting to get firebase analytics working with UCB. Unity version 5.6.1f1, xcode version 8.3.3.
    I have disabled cocoapods on Unity.

Building on unity works.
    Building locally on a test iPhone through xCode works.
    I am receiving firebase events fine while building locally.

Here is the error log from UCB:

28607: [xcode] ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L /BUILD_PATH/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-fibczwgsrggdjsedcvqtnaphmjym/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GoogleToolboxForMac /BUILD_PATH/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-fibczwgsrggdjsedcvqtnaphmjym/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/nanopb'
    28608: [xcode] ld: warning: directory not found for option '-F /BUILD_PATH/brainplus.evolution-brain-training.firebase-branch-development-ios/Unity/EvolutionApp/temp.KBi6Be/Pods/FirebaseAnalytics/Frameworks /BUILD_PATH/brainplus.evolution-brain-training.firebase-branch-development-ios/Unity/EvolutionApp/temp.KBi6Be/Pods/FirebaseCore/Frameworks /BUILD_PATH/brainplus.evolution-brain-training.firebase-branch-development-ios/Unity/EvolutionApp/temp.KBi6Be/Pods/FirebaseInstanceID/Frameworks'
    28609: [xcode] ld: library not found for -lz}
    28610: [xcode] clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)
    28611: [xcode] ** ARCHIVE FAILED **
    28612: [xcode] The following build commands failed:
    28613: [xcode] Ld /BUILD_PATH/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-fibczwgsrggdjsedcvqtnaphmjym/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/armv7/evolution normal armv7
    28614: [xcode] Ld /BUILD_PATH/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Unity-iPhone-fibczwgsrggdjsedcvqtnaphmjym/Build/Intermediates/ArchiveIntermediates/Unity-iPhone/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Unity-iPhone.build/Release-iphoneos/Unity-iPhone.build/Objects-normal/arm64/evolution normal arm64
    28615: [xcode] (2 failures)
    28616: ! build of 'firebase-branch-development-ios' failed. compile failed

Any help would be greatly appreciated :)

I've already tried this fix, as well as a few others:
    https://stackoverflow.com/a/44205255

2. schizofunky

schizofunky

Hi jcion,

I was having this exact error and in the end I realised that the way I was disabling CocoaPods locally was only persisting locally and it was still in fact running on UCB and messing up/causing that error.

I fixed it by creating a Pre-Export method for UCB and added the following code to disable it fully:

Google.IOSResolver.CocoapodsIntegrationMethodPref = Google.IOSResolver.CocoapodsIntegrationMethod.None;
    Google.IOSResolver.PodfileGenerationEnabled = false;

Hope this helps you out, it was a nightmare to get it to succeed!

jcion likes this.
  3. jcion

jcion

Hey schizofunky,

Thanks for your reply! I had almost given up on integrating firebase before this. I seem to be on a different version of the IOSResolver, and I don't have those functions available in my dll. I did, however, find this:

Code (CSharp):
    1. // Google.IOSResolver
    2. public static bool Enabled
    3. {
    4.     get
    5.     {
    6.         return EditorPrefs.GetBool("Google.IOSResolver.Enabled", true) && IOSResolver.iOSXcodeExtensionLoaded;
    7.     }
    8.     set
    9.     {
    10.         EditorPrefs.SetBool("Google.IOSResolver.Enabled", value);
    11.     }
    12. }
    Is there anything similar in your dll?

4. henriqueranj

henriqueranj

5. jcion

jcion