Search Unity

Can you beat me!?

Discussion in 'Made With Unity' started by half_voxel, May 13, 2008.

1. half_voxel

half_voxel

Hi, I have made a little shooting game with high-scores, tell me what you think about it.

Controls: WASD for movement mouse/arrows for camera and click to fire and F to go into FPS mode and P to pause.
    http://arongranberg.com/unity/marbles.html

2. KlaRo115

KlaRo115

I got 155 points! :)
    Nice game!

3. nickavv

nickavv

Oh damn it, I died. :p I never was able to complete it, but it looks and feels much nicer than your previous attempts. Good job!

4. half_voxel

half_voxel

Thanks!
    Soon i will make more maps and more weapons and a nicer GUI.
    Is there anything else you think i shall improve?

5. MikeJ3D

MikeJ3D

275 :D

I would make the cut scene skippable.

6. deram_scholzara

deram_scholzara

You can move the marble during the cutscene... and shoot. And then the guns latch onto wherever the marble is when the cutscene is done.

7. tim

tim

I got either 1060 or 1050 a few times but would always die at the big ramp. Is it possible to make it up that?

Nice work, though. Thanks for fixing the default camera angle :)

8. half_voxel

half_voxel

Yea i made it slippery so you have to gain a bit of speed first.

Damn i thought no-one should find that bug before i had fixed it.

I have played this game all the time i have made it... and now i can't beat the other players... grumblegrmble... :wink:

9. orbitsteve

orbitsteve

first i died... :cry:
    second try .... 1060.... :D

fun game... all it needs is some cool levels and better looking vehicles

10. half_voxel

half_voxel

By the way i should mention that the score is dollars/time

11. AaronC

AaronC

This game revealed a unity bug that I think the UT guys should really look at.

I was in fullscreen mode about to play on a lo spec machine, using firefox, and it automatically went from full to windowed, probably some performance auto compensator thingy, but then my mouse was invisible, in windowed mode. As I had 17 windows open, I had to close them all because I had no mouse.

Im sure its a good game tho.

AaronC

12. HiggyB

HiggyB

Unity Product Evangelist

Hah, nice game. :) But why does the time start running while the intro camera animation is going on? It burns 10 seconds right off the bat.

Why exactly did you have to close all those windows as opposed to pressing Escape to unlock/reveal your cursor? Also, I don't know that we'll ever force-switch you out of fullscreen mode, that sounds like it's the potential bug and not the cursor issue in particular (unless I'm misunderstanding things in which case offer some redirection please :) ).

13. half_voxel

half_voxel

Sorry about that, but i had put mouse lock and mouse invisible On so you have to press P to show it again.

Here is a new version, with all the things you asked for (hope i didn't forgot anyone) and a new gui (but the colour may not be the best).
    http://arongranberg.com/unity/marbles.html

14. half_voxel

half_voxel

Sorry for deleting the scores i did a little mistake, but the scores is calculated in another way now so...

15. MikeJ3D

MikeJ3D

wow this is really fun. I got 347! :)
    can't wait for the next level.
    I'd be happy with just one or two more levels as long as they are play tested and clever. Better 2 good ones than 50 bad ones :O

16. AaronC

AaronC

17. half_voxel

half_voxel

Huh? weird, for me it always works, sure it hadn't got "stuck" (Sorry if this is the wrong translation)

18. half_voxel

half_voxel

Damn, I think I just got that bug to, but that was after it had been open for like 2 hours. :? , but i just had to close down one window (⌘W)...

19. AaronC

AaronC

Hey,

I was on a low end pc at the time, with 16mb vram.(No applw w there)So on a lowend machine its great to have content running at all.

No Biggie, just annoying at the time. I've seen webplayers automatically go from full to windowed on their own before, a long time back, and the cursor dissappeared then too.

But yeah I guess if its relatively isolated its not too much of a problem.

AaronC

20. boomaster_legacy

boomaster_legacy

great!!! awesome! and i found a glitch! if you put your name as Namef you play in first person like your eyes are in the marble! cool!!!!!

21. half_voxel

half_voxel

Oh yea, i forgot one control, F for FPS mode, I will change the settings so you can't write it in the name as soon as i can :D