Search Unity

Question Can you Asset Bundle an AR scene?

Discussion in 'AR' started by MattJackB, Oct 31, 2022.

1. MattJackB

MattJackB

Hi,

Not sure if it's best to put this on the AR thread or Asset Bundle thread.

But basically, I am having an issue where my app crashes when trying to load an AR scene which has been downloaded from an Asset Bundle.

I'm wondering if it's even possible to do? Is there some reason that means that AR scenes must be packaged with the app? Or is my issue something else... It would be super useful to know before I go down a rabbit hole trying to fix the issue, just in case it is as simple as not being allowed to Asset Bundle AR scenes.

I have a 'dummy' scene that is packaged with the app, and I have copy and pasted all the AR objects/functionality (such as the AR Session) into the scene. This way the image library (I am using image tracking) gets built when the project is built. But I'm thinking maybe there is still some unknown thing that prevents AR scenes from being bundled?

The crash happens after the scene is found within the Asset Bundle and I then begin to load/launch a new scene.

2. davidmo_unity

davidmo_unity

Unity Technologies

This is very odd. Be interested in seeing the stack trace of the crash or getting a hold of a repro project. Could you file a bug on this and post the bug number here?

https://unity3d.com/unity/qa/bug-reporting