Search Unity

Can you add exceptions to "AnyState" transitions?

Discussion in 'Animation' started by r3david, Aug 26, 2014.

1. r3david

r3david

Is it possible to have a AnyState transition excluding one or more other states? Lets say I want that when the player is not beign controlled, from any state I will go to idle, "Except" if Im in another alternate idle animation. This is just an example, what i want is to know if there is such thing as restricting AnyState transitions.

2. Mecanim-Dev

Mecanim-Dev

No you cannot exclude state, AnyState transition are global.

Did you try to add a Trigger parameter? call it something like isControlled, and then add a transition from your AnyState to idle with the condition isControlled.

Then it up to you to write the logic that set this parameter, by example you could set this parameter only when the controller timeout and that you are not already in a Idle state.

3. r3david

r3david

yap that's what I figured out, just wanted to make sure i was not ommiting anything. Thanks for the answer :)

4. craig4android

craig4android

just googled this one and it's number one result: Better solution: uncheck "can transition to self"

Erethan, runtran1230, DemTsag and 2 others like this.
  5. tcz8

tcz8

Except I cant find the option "can transition to self" on my transitions from any state anymore in 2018.4.6f1

6. Lad-Ty

Lad-Ty

Just sorting out a similar thing. Anyway, for others that reach this thread - the "can transition to self" is not a part of the state but a part of the transition.

idbrii likes this.