Search Unity

Can we reuse user`s VR boundaries?

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by humansteak, Jan 29, 2020.

1. humansteak

humansteak

Hi!

I would like to know if we can (and how :) ?) reuse the VR boundaries our VR user has to define before starting playing ?
    So the Guardian for Quest users, and the play area for SteamVR users etc.

Ideally I would reuse these so my users don`t have to make a new one for my application...

What I`m looking for is like a flat geometry, or a curve? Or points and index so I can then generate something out of it..?

Also if anyone has reference of like other games/apps doing so I`d appreciate !

Thanks

JoeStrout likes this.
  2. StayTalm_Unity

StayTalm_Unity

Unity Technologies

humansteak likes this.
  3. humansteak

humansteak

Thank you this will come in very practical when its time comes ! :)

4. humansteak

humansteak

Do you have a tool in mind when it comes to procedurally model an environment depending on the Boundary Points?
    I can think of Houdini but this won't be available at runtime.
    Spline driven models that would use the Boundary points could get pretty advanced quickly, but I want to gain immersion by having some more variations on the wall so either edit this pline, either on the non reach-able parts (high building with different roofs setups etc.) To be short I'd like more than splined models. Tryin
    I know a bit of Bolt I could try this in there, would you have anything easier in mind for achieving this or similar ?

5. hawken

hawken

Wow! Does this work with Oculus / Quest as is?

6. StayTalm_Unity

StayTalm_Unity

Unity Technologies

Yes!
    But only in the new Plugin Architecture packages, Oculus was implemented in V1.0.0 of the package.

unityunity