Search Unity

1. Unity Asset Manager is now available in public beta. Try it out now and join the conversation here in the forums.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Can we highlight [fade in/out] selected serialized components on same GameObj?

Discussion in '2020.2 Beta' started by MrLucid72, Aug 15, 2020.

1. MrLucid72

MrLucid72

For example:

* You have GameObject AudioMgr
    You have 10 AudioSource components within AudioMgr (or even 100 for music games?)

Since there's no memo and they can possibly be identical (different channel; same everything else), how do you remember which one you serialized is which?

This gets confusing fast.

If I double click serialized AudioSource3, the same GameObject just gets highlighted (NOT the correct component): That's about as useful as asking "Which cloud are you looking at?" with the answer being "in the sky".

That said, a simple solution: The same as focus (F)ing a GameObj in the hierarchy, if you click a component within a GameObj, please show that temporary "focus" highlight on the correct component.

The super ghetto workaround is if you don't use spatial blend, just to set it as 0.01 for 1st, 0.02 for 2nd, etc (and hope the dev that sees it notices).

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 15, 2020
  2. ModLunar

ModLunar

Interesting... I usually have 1 AudioSource on 1 GameObject,
    and pool them (the multiple GameObjects) if I need to keep re-using AudioSources.

This makes editing them easier because you can multi-select the GameObjects and see their AudioSource properties that match vs. differ.

However, using 1 GameObject is more efficient.. I like this, but it is currently harder to edit, I agree.
    This would be really helpful actually.