Search Unity

Feedback Can we have modules.json for every unity version?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Thaina, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Thaina

Thaina

I think currently now, hub system are just checking for modules.json file near the editor folder to see if it was installed from hub or not

And sometimes we just need to locate editor manually to the hub. For instance, I can't install 2021.1.1 successfully at all, and it finished installing but the hub always crash for no reason. Reopen the hub show the installed version yet it was not able to add any module, the modules.json was not created because hub was crashed

But I don't see any other issues using this installed version. So I then try to add modules.json manually, and even successfully modified modules.json to allow me to install any module I want. Except, the checksum, that I need to make it blank to have unity skip it

As far as I can see, we should have no problem putting modules.json manually like this. And so I want to ask for modules.json file for each and every version of unity to let us put it manually in the mean time that hub still has this bug

2. BenjiM_Unity

BenjiM_Unity

Unity Technologies

Thank you so much for the feedback. The team is discussing the flow improvement and this will be addressed in a future version.

Thaina likes this.
  3. Thaina

Thaina

Occur again in 2021.2.0a19

Can you just give me. This is serious blocking issue