Search Unity

Can We Expect Visual Scripting Anytime Soon

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by FGPArthurVII, Feb 24, 2018.

1. FGPArthurVII

FGPArthurVII

Good Day;
    when I saw that the new 2018.1 version was coming with the new Shader Graph and GPU Particle System, I was very spirited and happy since Unity is coming more and more powerful against UE4. Soon I thought, The Shader Graph is a form of Visual Scripting for Shaders, and the only thing I miss in Unity that UE has are Visual Programming features for mechanics, AI and other systems as well. It would be very good to see something like this in unity as well, since, making this sort of thing for Shader is very similar to the model for the game mechanics in general, Can we hope for anything like this any update soon?

Thanks;
    Arthur

2. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

I would love to have it myself.

Really need this so other people (non programmers) can work on my game *behaviour* while I work on game *code*. Unity is researching / developing it according to roadmap (under research section).

3. orb

orb

Having artists/writers work on other bits than art/writing would indeed be helpful, but the #1 reason I would like visual scripting for is to shut up all the forum threads requesting it ;)

(We'll get the usual "why isn't <X> working?" threads instead, of course.)

TaleOf4Gamers and hippocoder like this.
  4. TaleOf4Gamers

TaleOf4Gamers

The main difference between UE and Unity is that Unity uses C# (I think UE can now too), this definitely makes it more accessible to non-programmers than UEs C++. But I do agree that Visual Scripting could be a cool feature, then I could get my 2 artist mates to actually do some work :p