Search Unity

Can we add "keto" and "supplement" to the spam filter already?

Discussion in 'Meta-forum Discussion' started by GameDevCouple_I, Jul 31, 2019.

1. GameDevCouple_I

GameDevCouple_I

Title says it all, I report a ton of spam daily and about 80% has the word "keto" or "supplement" in it. Conversly, I have yet to read a legitimate post on these forums in any section that uses these words, so can we just deal with it and add them to the spam filter already?

EDIT: tagging in @UnityMaru as only person I know who can maybe get this done, but if anyone knows any other staff that have control over this let me know and Ill also try and tag them in.

I am very very tired of reporting keto spam every single day with it seemingly never ending. I am trying my best to help clean up the forums but it is very hard without these words in spam filter.

chingwa, Lurking-Ninja and Antypodish like this.
  2. Mauri

Mauri

GameDevCouple_I and Antypodish like this.
  3. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Manager Unity Technologies

Hey folks,

These words are actually already included in the spam filter, as I've just checked. I will chat to our technical team to just review the settings and see if this can be more effective.

@Mauri these threads popped up at a time when we tested out improving the spam filter, but it ended up blocking a lot of legitimate users to the point where we had to change it back.

GameDevCouple_I and Mauri like this.
  4. Mauri

Mauri

I see... Thanks for the explanation :)

5. GameDevCouple_I

GameDevCouple_I

Thanks for the clarification @UnityMaru , hopefully its just a case of adjusting some settings but right now it doesnt seem to be working 100%

6. UnityMaru

UnityMaru

Community Manager Unity Technologies

Yeah, believe me, I'd love nothing more than an awesome spam filter. There's a couple ideas our team have put forward to hopefully improve this. I'll let you guys know if any of them come to light :)

GameDevCouple_I likes this.
  7. Peter77

Peter77

@UnityMaru Any chance you can decrease the delay I'm allowed to report spam? I find these 20 seconds wait periods between each report kind of annoying.

GameDevCouple_I likes this.
  8. Mauri

Mauri