Search Unity

Can Unity Hub Currently only show one notification?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by marwi, Aug 8, 2019.

1. marwi

marwi

Hello,

Just wanting to share a recent experience:

I recently tried to install a new editor while the hub was showing a notification in the bottom about an Update.
    I ignored the Notification and clicked "Install" on my Editor Version of choice -> nothing happened. I tried again but without luck. At some point I decided to Update the Hub (as the notification told me).
    After that another notification popped up asking if I'd want to learn more about the new hub which I - again - ignored. I tried installing a new editor: The window closed but without feedback.
    Eventually I dismissed the notification to finally get the notification I was missing: I didnt had enough disc space. So maybe it would be nice if Notifications would have either a priority or the Hub could support displaying more then one notification (or more important messages could be shown elsewhere to make sure users get the information about immediate actions)

fherbst likes this.
  2. fherbst

fherbst

I agree, had that a couple of times as well!
    (disk space tends to get rare with 50 different Unity installations ;))

3. AbrahamDUnity

AbrahamDUnity

Unity Technologies

Hi!

Yes, we are aware of this flaw! We're working on a better way to manage notifications so that not only this no longer occurs but that there is a way to view meaningful notifications even after they are hidden.

Thanks for posting,

marwi likes this.
  4. marwi

marwi

Thanks for letting me know you noticed, good to hear

AbrahamDUnity likes this.