Search Unity

Can Unity Free Do This (Mirror Reflection, See Video)

Discussion in '2D' started by obscene, Nov 24, 2013.

1. obscene

obscene

I'm about to scrap my Game Maker project for the new Unity 2D engine as I'm not very far along Unity seems so much better. From what I can tell, I should be able to import most of my assets and rebuild what I have (as soon as I learn all the code changes) but I don't know about this one scene. It's a simple 2D mirror reflection using surfaces in GM. From what I have read, Unity free doesnt support rendering to texture which sounds like it may be what I need, but of course I don't actually know how to do this in Unity until I try. So will I be able?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZHrVE4Xuvs&feature=autoshare

2. Murgilod

Murgilod

Not in free unless you use a separate blurred sprite for the reflection.

3. obscene

obscene

Well crap. Out of all the things they would leave out of free. :( For competitiveness I think I would have made sure Unity Free could do everything GM could do. Or there should be SOMETHING between free and $1,500.

4. hippocoder

hippocoder

Digital Ape

There's a hell of a lot between free and $1,500. Just not always what you want, otherwise everything would be free wouldn't it?

5. obscene

obscene

Not sure if I understand, but all I see is Unity Free or Unity Pro for $1,500 and nothing in between.

6. ChrisSomething

ChrisSomething

I think hippo misunderstood you and is saying there are a lot of features in Unity pro that you can't get in unity free.