Search Unity

1. Megacity Metro Demo now available. Download now.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Unity support for visionOS is now available. Learn more in our blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Can the hub please show the appIcon?

Discussion in 'Unity Hub' started by Democide, Jun 4, 2019.

1. Democide

Democide

With a recent change the Unity Hub no longer shows the full path, which makes things difficult because most of my Unity Projects are sub-folders within the larger git projects I'm working in. Which means all my projects are now called "Unity".

ProjectA/Unity, ProjectB/Unity, ProjectC/Unity etc.

Now I can hover over the folder name to get the path, and using the meta information of unity version, last used etc I can usually infer which folder is which project but to be honest: I just want icons.

And it wouldn't be that difficult: Projects generally have an AppIcon set. And that's referenced in the settings. And the hub could just read those settings, find that icon and show it in a nice and big way that makes it easy to quickly navigate my way-too-big list of project.

Also: Please let me remove old S***ty projects I don't need anymore. Or at least hide them.

LilGames likes this.
  2. afshinity

afshinity

Unity Technologies

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback.

1. Hub v2.0.1 (just released) brings back the full path of the project.
    2. I will investigate the feasibility of adding the icon and propose your suggestion to our designers.
    3. The remove project is on top of our backlog. We hope to address that in v2.1.0

Best,
    Afshin

Pascal_NotVeryMoe likes this.
  3. Democide

Democide

Thanks for the reply! Please do keep me updated if icons are ever added :)

Also: You could pull the game / company name from the project settings too to display a more useful information than the path as primary?