Search Unity

1. The 2022.1 beta is now available for testing. To find out what's new, have a look at our 2022.1 beta blog post.
    Dismiss Notice

Help Wanted Can someone point me out to a tutorial showing how to use cinemachine with the new input system

Discussion in 'Cinemachine' started by dorusoftware, Nov 2, 2021.

1. dorusoftware

dorusoftware

I've found this tutorial

which doesn't work anymore, the camera is not moving smoothly like in the video. Is accelerating and decelerating very strangely. hard to explain. There is one dude in the comments that say it have the same issue so I'm not the only one.

Something must have been changed behind the scene and I really don't know how to find out what is it and how to fix it.

Maybe there is somewhere some info or tutorial on how to use the mouse to use the freelook camera.

I'm really feed up with this unity policy of create a lot of complex systems and then leaving the user to figure out how to make them work together. write some simple steps to show how this works with essential parts of the engine like the input. Who created this system knows this more than anyone, why leave this job of showing how it works to someone on youtube who will most of the time guess how to do it and will provide hacked solutions that doesn't follow good practices.

If you already write or created this info can someone sow me where it is. I cant seem to find it.

2. Pietrofonix

Pietrofonix

Same problem here, before Unity 2021.2.0f1 the cinemachine worked perfectly, now when i move the camera with the mouse (Delta mouse in the new Input System) there is stuttering, the camera is not smooth anymore

3. dorusoftware

dorusoftware

I've "fixed" this in Edit - Project Settings - Input System Package

then changing at the top from Fixed update to Dynamic update.

I say "fixed" because while cinemachine works again for controlling the camera with the mouse Probably and most likely using dynamic update instead of fixed will mess some other stuff I have no idea about till I go head on into it and lose days and weeks to figure it out.

4. fero_gg

fero_gg

Same problem here with aiming using Cinemachine (tried with and without the new Cinemachine input module with no luck). Switch to gamepad and it's smooth as anything so it's just related to mouse/pointer delta in some way.
    The above suggestion fixed the mouse movement (which was literally unusable like it was only updating every 2-3 seconds). Switching to dynamic update fixes it but the look/aiming but now I can't shoot, reload etc there is massive delays with these instead!!
    Really hope they fix this soon. Unity 2021.2.4f1 (switching to unity 2020 it's fine but I wanted the URP updates!!)

5. antoinecharton

antoinecharton

Unity Technologies

Hello :)

I agree there is some work to improve the workflow Cinemachine / New Input system. Working with both should be less painful than it is right now. Feel free to share any pain you encounter.

We are looking into this issue. Looks like when input package is in fixed update CinemachineInputProvider does not get all the values of mouse delta. We know were is the issue. We are checking how we can fix it.

Can't promise for a fix date but we are looking into it.

Thank you all for the feedback.

6. dorusoftware

dorusoftware

hopefully this will get fixed soon :) at least I know now I'm not crazy since it worked fine before

unityunity