Search Unity

Question Can someone please help me create a Lemmings clone for Xbox?

Discussion in 'Getting Started' started by RichAllen2023, May 28, 2022.

1. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Above.

I know that Sony has snagged the license for actual Lemmings games.

But I have an idea for something similar, but different enough to not fall foul of copyright laws, on the Xbox via the Game Pass service.

If someone could collaberate with me on a project, that would be cool.

2. RichAllen2023

RichAllen2023

Smh, if this was a Sony or Nintendo request this topic would go viral! Sony zealots are morons.

3. Schneider21

Schneider21

You posted a request for someone to "help" you make a game in the Getting Started sub, and then barely 24 hours later you're expressing frustration that people aren't breaking down the door to make the game for you and for some reason use it as an opportunity to start a flame war.

I'm not sure if this will have any impact, as none of my past responses have seemed to, but I'll post anyway for the benefit of anyone stumbling upon this in the future. Consider this your quarterly reminder that ideas are worth nothing. Only execution matters. Everyone that knows how to write code has more ideas of their own than they have time to pursue, so you're at zero risk of having your idea "stolen" and done by someone else.

Similarly, those who know how to write code are generally pretty busy working on executing their own ideas and aren't looking to join someone with no experience who wants to be the Ideas person on the project. If you're looking to collaborate, you need to be bringing something real to the table, and not just an idea for "like X, but with Y!" If you're not going to be contributing to the team as an equal, you should be looking to pay to hire the talent you need.

If all of this sounds like too much, or too unfair, consider the possibility that you might not actually have an interest in making games. You might just like games and want to feel creative, and there are lots of other ways to express that desire that may fit with your abilities and interest.