Search Unity

can someone help me with 3 scripts

Discussion in 'Scripting' started by thesimi, Aug 24, 2009.

1. thesimi

thesimi

So, I am new in Unity3d, and I have only been making small programs in a half year. But I got an idea to a simple game, but it was not as simple as I thought. I have already ordered a book abaut C# an trying to learn. But I want to finish version 1 of the game.

the first script is a script that shows a GUI when ganeobjects with a special tag hits a trigger

the second is that there is 4 bloks on the top of a tower in the game that is only removable every time the player has removed 10 bloks from the rest of the tower (I do already have a script that removes the bloks on mouse down)

The last one is for wheels on a car, I need them for other games

If anyone can help me, I would be wery glad :D

2. matthewminer

matthewminer

What exactly are you having difficulty with? Have you attempted to write these scripts yet?

3. thesimi

thesimi

Im trying to make a game where you pull out bloks from a tower, and if the tower colapses, it's game over. but when the bottombloks are hitting the ground, it says game over, but I need it when the other bloks hits the trigger.

the other one is that it is only possible to pull out the top peaces every time 10 peaces are pulled out.

The last one is for wheels, like in Trackmania and that game on blurst where you are running over dinosaurs.

and yes, I have tried to whrite the first script many times, but I have failed. and I think I need a little moore scripting knowlegde to make the two other scripts

4. jaxas

jaxas

well Simi, you want to jump very high as newbie. First of all, try all tutorials you can find, the better one is in http://www.learnmesilly.com/index.php?currentPage=unity_lesson1;) and then you learn more about unity scripting language and become familiar with most of unity components, then try to make something bigger :)

5. matthewminer

matthewminer

For a car script, JCar might help you out (example project here). Creating a car isn't trivial though; not only do you need a strong understanding of scripting in Unity, you'll also need to have a firm grasp of physics.

6. thesimi

thesimi

thanks for the link, but I've already seen it on youtube. I am trying to learn, but it is realy slow, due to: scool, homework and friends. I am learning while I am making, and I am learning by reading. but right now, I'm stuck, so if someone could help me with the first script (I finaly made something that didnt produce errors, but the game over screen didnt appear) it would been helpfull

7. thesimi

thesimi

I tried to use the jCar script, but it said that it had to be a monobehaveur, I have no idea what i did wrong, but I'll try again