Search Unity

Resolved Can not Verify Google Play Public Key

Discussion in 'Unity IAP' started by JimmyLJW, Feb 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JimmyLJW

JimmyLJW

QQ截图20190219151207.png QQ截图20190219145538.png
    The error "There was an error checking server for existing key", is that normal?
    I keep getting the "Please enter the key in a valid format", would that be the reason?

Last edited: Feb 19, 2019
  2. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Please enter the key in your Analytics Dashboard for now.

3. unitylover

unitylover

And what about 3 years later? Still having this issue with Unity's IAP plugin. Is the solution to still not use the provided method and just enter into your dashboard?

4. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Can you confirm what issue you're having with the plugin? The key is only used for revenue reporting, perhaps that is the issue you're seeing. And yes, the Dashboard approach is correct

5. polyphonic13

polyphonic13

This recommended solution does not seem to be viable. The Dashboard just points back to the Unity editor (see screenshot)

Attached Files:

6. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

Analytics is not yet enabled on this project. Often the following works:

* Make a back up of the project
    * Open the project in Unity
    * Disable Analytics, and Save the project
    * Exit Unity
    * Open the project again, enable Analytics, and Save the project
    * From the top of the Services window, click on the link Go to dashboard...

Nolex and polyphonic13 like this.
  7. polyphonic13

polyphonic13

Confirmed that this resolved the issue. Thank you!

JeffDUnity3D likes this.
  8. NamelessDeveloper777

NamelessDeveloper777

Basically I want to build my apk for Amazon app store and my app is not on Google Play Store.
    So what can I do.
    Is that mendatory to add Google Public key even if you are building game for Amazon app store.
    Please help me out.
    Thank you

9. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

It's not needed for the Amazon store https://docs.unity3d.com/Manual/UnityIAPAmazonConfiguration.html

10. BigScary

BigScary

I am having this issue today with Unity 2021.3.4f1. (Specifically, the error about checking for an existing server key, which I have set in the web dashboard). I followed the above steps and the issue did not resolve.

Sub-question - By "disable analytics" do you mean "disable legacy analytics"? I realize this thread is about a year old now and maybe the resolution steps have changed. Please clarify.

upload_2022-6-14_20-46-15.png

11. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

@BigScary If you have set it on your dashboard, you should be good to go. But you shouldn't be using legacy Analytics at this point, it will be deprecated soon. The steps you are following would not apply to you since you have access to your dashboard already. If you've already set it in your dashboard, just restart Unity.

12. BigScary

BigScary

Thank you for responding, but I've already tried all of that (rebooting after setting it in the dashboard, installing the new beta analytics thing). Isn't it true that unity not being able to get my IAP settings data from the dashboard will break the "easy add payment button" functionality? When I tried to add one of those buttons yesterday when having this issue, the drop-down for which package the button was to purchase was empty, and I figured that was because unity couldn't call up the play store to get my app's list of packages.

13. JeffDUnity3D

JeffDUnity3D

The Google key has nothing to do with any IAP functionality, only subsequent dashboard revenue reporting. Please share a screenshot of the key you set in the dashboard. What what "easy add payment button" are you referring to? And what "list of packages" are you referring to? Are you using only Unity IAP or some other purchasing asset?

14. arkon

arkon

I have the same problem but on Unity Version 2021.3.20 First I get this on the in-app purchasing section of services:

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 7.26.27 am.JPG

FYI: step 3 doesn't exist anymore on the Google play store its now in the Monitize setup section.
    If I enter a key this happens:
    2nd.jpg
    I've entered it on the dashboard hosted at the Unity end but this is all you get in the editor. I've tried all the steps mentioned above. I am the only owner of the account too and authorised to do everything. I feel like no-one at unity keeps on top of these things as clearly demonstrated by step 3 above.

siddharth3322 likes this.
  15. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

Hi @arkon,
    This is a known issue, but everything should be working properly since you entered via the dashboard.
    You can refer to this thread.

16. SeymurSm

SeymurSm

Hi, I have also added the key from dashboard . It is working, but because of payment tracking issues most of the payments is refunding after 3 days. When I checked the answers from Unity Technologies about refund problem they are suggest not to use codeless IAP. If codeless IAP is useless then why you are not removing it from services. There are thousands of developers develop games using Unity and using codeless IAP because it is official package. But after 1 or 2 month it is possible to understand that refunds are about unity bug and there are a lot of refunds in play store. There may be many people losing revenue because of that problem and Unity team is not trying to solve the issue or to remove problematic package from package manager. I really wonder why????

17. SeymurSm

SeymurSm

Almost on every post Unity Technologies suggest some workaround or providing sample projects. Please share video tutorial or something else to solve the issue.

18. SeymurSm

SeymurSm

As I replied above it is not going work as expected when we add it through dashboard.

19. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

Hi @SeymurSm,
    Codeless can help integrate with the stores (not just Google Play) but is not as complete as a coded integration. I would suggest you might want to look at this integration instead.

That said, the topic of this thread has been answered. Feel free to open a new thread or reach out to me if you have further questions.

20. Arnaud_Gorain

Arnaud_Gorain

Unity Technologies

This thread is now closed. Feel free to reach out via a new thread if you encounter further issues.
    Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.