Search Unity

Can Not Serialize Oculus OVRGamepad.dll with Unity 5.1.1p4 using OcculusUtilities

Discussion in 'AR/VR (XR) Discussion' started by ozoner, Jul 24, 2015.

1. ozoner

ozoner

USING:

Unity 5.1.1p4
    Virtual Reality Switch (is checked)
    iMac (2014)
    OculusUtilities Package installed

I converted an Android VR Gear project over to OculusUtilities and Unity 5.1.1p4 using the OVRCameraRig the app compiled and works well on the Gear VR. My client asked about walking around in a scene where I have the static OVRCameraRig. Very reasonable request. Then I hit this problem when placing and running OVRPlayerController into the scene:

DllNotFoundException: OVRGamepad

After looking at the error I then looked at the OVRGamepad.dll and it was not serialized so I informed Oculus about the situation. They in turn indicated that Unity 5 sometimes messes up the the serialization when loading a package. I was also told to find the OVRGamepad plugins, select them in the inspector and make sure they were only set for the correct platform.

I did so and am still getting the:

DllNotFoundException: OVRGamepad

Again this is an Android project for the Samsung Gear VR and if I use just the OVRCameraRig I get no errors and of course it compiles and works. But if I use the OVRPlayerController that requires the OVRGamepad.dll I still get the errors.

I have build five (new simple projects) still will not serialize the DLLs. I have re-installed 5.1.1p4 three times and still the OculusUtilities package after install will not serialize the dlls.

The original project was built on my MBP using unity 5.01 along with the Oculus Unity package and it serialized the Dlls making it possible to run and build the project. I tried the OVRPlayerController on that project with out issue. This release did not use the OVRGamepad.dll but did use others and they were serialized correctly within the plugin.

I have written to Oculus on the boards and they indicate it is a Unity issue started during the change over to Unity 5 .

What I need is some one from Unity to explain in detail how I can serialize the plugins as I have gone threw the documentation, read it four to five times tried to get it to work but to no avail.

Can any one from Unity help with this issue.

USING:

Unity 5.1.1p4
    Virtual Reality Switch (is checked)
    iMac (2014)
    OculusUtilities Package installed

Regards,
    Z-

2. ozoner

ozoner

Issue resolved by Cybereality at Oculus, rename the libOVRGamePad to OVRGamePad and this will fix the issue.

iiiiily and willrust like this.
  3. iiiiily

iiiiily

Excuse me and Thanks for your share,and I meet the same question,I read your post,but I don't know where I should change OVRGamepad to libOVRGamepad.
    I am a beginner of Unity3d,and my English is not good ,hope u could help me ,thank u very much!!

4. Jingkai Mao

Jingkai Mao

Importing OculusUtilities.unitypackage brings some pre-compiled library at Assets/Plugins. In this scenario, rename Assets/Plugins/libOVRGamepad.bundle to Assets/Plugins/OVRGamepad.bundle could fix the issue.